WEEK 15: Finish Up!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Welcome to week 15. It’s December and Christmas time is here!!! Let’s finish up whatever cleaning, chores, projects, shopping, etc that needs done for the holidays. Take some time go through your planner, did you miss anything? Besides finishing up, take time to have some fun. A fun outing with your children, romantic lunch with your spouse, breakfast with friends, or just a nice evening at home focused on spending some quality holiday time with your family.

Continue if needed:
Holiday baking
Freezer meals
Food donations
Gift shopping
Gift wrapping and ship gifts
2022 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
If homemade gifts are not finished consider putting them aside and purchase a gift.
If homemade Christmas cards are not finished consider purchasing cards.

Other things:
Order ham, turkey, etc
Order specialty bakery items

Now is also a good time to think about next year with all the holiday sales. Is your holiday table linens on their last leg, any decorations or lights in poor condition, did you see a perfect gift for someone but you are done shopping? If the price is right, buy it now and tuck away for next year.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished the last minute ornaments I was making for gifts
Ran the flowers out for mom and dads grave since the weather was pretty nice. Took care of flowers for my cousins mom and dad and brothers. She has been sick for 3 weeks so she took me up on my offer to do it since I was going to be there.
Ordered flowers to be sent to our elderly aunt to be delivered closer to Christmas. Florist was so understanding with me taking pictures and texting my sick cousin about what to send.
Pretty much only have a few last minute things on my to do list.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Did our cookie decorating with DS and grandson. Had not done this since my mastectomy and stroke 2 years ago. Did it simple but had just as much fun. DS was doing the trees upside dwon once in a while but they still were fun. All items are gluten free.

0C67F883-7D70-4B06-8CC2-E5C56E5DCA5A.jpeg6AC4E90E-7DEB-4942-87A9-E891B3D6F925.jpeg92E541EE-B93B-4D2D-AFE5-F06645F770EB.jpeg

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Beautiful cookies! My DD and I still need to settle on a date to do our baking. Time is ust getting away from me this year, I don't know what is going on. My kitchen and family room are a disaster and I still have to set out my angels , finish the mini-tree in the family room, and get other things put away. And it's just ME living in this place, so it's my own fault. Plus, I was asked to bake a specific item for our book club next Tuesday, and it's an involved recipe that needs to bake for something like 2 1/2 to 3 hours and I don't have all of the ingredients, so need to schedule time to grocery shop!!!

Guess I need to get a move on. Trying to make the best of things and keep on moving forward!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I miss family cookie baking. Memory making!
Lana, I’m retired, no elderly parents to care for or grandchildren so I have plenty of time. Oh and did I mention a wee bit ocd lol.