WEEK 17: Celebrate!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Enjoy this week as we roll into Christmas. It’s finally here!! We still have a few days to catch up if needed- wrapping the last of the gifts, plan B for gifts that may not arrive in time, etc. Time to tackle the “Last Minute” list - grocery shopping for perishables etc. Another good week for freezer meals or treat your self to takeout, you deserve it.

Accomplish the things that are important to your family for a Merry Christmas this week. Don’t exhausted your self trying to do any last minute deep cleaning. Don’t worry about dust bunnies, the ironing you didn’t get to, or even a dirty oven. I doubt any of those things are on anyones priority list for a great holiday. Enjoy these last few days before Christmas. Most important, spend as much time as you can this week making memories with love ones. Merry Christmas everyone!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Need to do my last minute grocery shopping and pick up the ham. I have planned Thursday, of course that’s when the next storm is supposed to come. Hopefully it will hold off until close to lunch time to start. I should be home by then.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Accomplish the things that are important to your family for a Merry Christmas this week. Don’t exhausted your self trying to do any last minute deep cleaning. Don’t worry about dust bunnies, the ironing you didn’t get to, or even a dirty oven. I doubt any of those things are on anyones priority list for a great holiday. Enjoy these last few days before Christmas. Most important, spend as much time as you can this week making memories with love ones. Merry Christmas everyone!
Wise words Amelia!

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Today is cookie baking day, and tomorrow I'll drop a Priority Mail box at the Post Office for DBIL and his GF in FL. (Note to self: bake earlier next year.) Need to make a run to Michigan tomorrow, as well, to get some documents signed (if I get corrected docs) and drop off DMom's gifts and help decorate her door. Tuesday will have me picking up the perishables, or maybe Weds. Weds. PM we're supposed to have a change of weather. DSIL owns a commercial snow removal company and he says the forecasts are completely mixed. One model has us getting sub-zero temps and maybe 1/2" of snow; another model has us a little warmer, and "the biggest snowstorm Chicago has had in a long time." The weather should be out of here by Friday morning -- fingers crossed. Saturday, we'll have our last crochet class of the year, and I'll pick up the potato salad on my way home. It's from our favorite neighborhood deli, where we used to live. I am hopeful that things are under control so I can relax and enjoy this week, withough too much stress. Time to get ready to celebrate!!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
So far I’ve had a productive week. Started my bean salad for Christmas Eve dinner. Can’t finish it- no onions. Made maple cinnamon glazed pecans and walnuts. Wrapped up my cousins gift basket, we will meet up next week. Ordered Christmas stamps for next year since postage is going up and ordered some Christmas presents for next year. Made my grocery list for tomorrow when I pick up the ham. Thankfully the nasty weather won’t arrive until after I get home tomorrow. And most important I took a nap! I never do that, husband asked if I was sick.
Hope everyone is getting things done. I know there is a lot sickness going around. I hope everyone is feeling better by the weekend.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished up everything yesterday so we are ready for Christmas.
I hope everyone is feeling well and has everything caught up for the big day.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul