Week #2 Giveaway- Ring in the Season With Humor

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
There are many words we all use to describe Christmas and the holiday season- joyous, religious, serene, happy, busy, reverent, holy, happy, warm... but we don't often use the word funny in our descriptions. Sometimes funny things happen even during the most well planned events. Sometimes something unexpected makes a serious event into a well remembered humorous event.

We can't leave our humor at the door during the holidays so share your funniest holiday memory with all of us!

All those who respond will get in the random drawing for a fun giveaway!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Pixiestick - What a fun thread! I'm sure if I spend a few minutes thinking about it I'll be able to share several funny stories. I'll be back shortly!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
While riding around looking at Christmas Lights a couple of years ago,
My friend's son- 3 years old- said, "Look, everybody- that house has a baby Cheez Whizz in the front yard!" Of course what he meant was Baby Jesus!

We laughed and laughed- even had to pull over the car!

Annie

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Who else has something to share. I can't stop laughing long enough about the Cheese Wiz to think through this.

The one thing that sticks out in my mind was the Christmas my niece was 20 months old. I was a deligent Aunt and yes, she was spoiled. I bought her, among too many things, a large wagon. Between me and my parents there were enough presents for her that we filled the wagon and piled them up around it. She was quite animated when opening gifts and really had fun with it. She was in the middle of opening a gift when she got the strangest look on her face. All the sudden she stood up and yelled "TRUCK" and ran to the wagon and began chucking gifts over her shoulder to finish uncovering it. Needless to say she loved it and insisted on sitting in for the rest of present opening, lunch and even Christmas dinner. She eventually fell asleep in it. It is one of my sweetest Christmas memories. She turned 12 this year and we still talk about her truck Christmas.

I'll be back with more, I'm sure - You've got me thinking now.

XmasInBama

Retire Member
Nov 9, 2009
Talk about funny,

Y'all got me laughing...too funny! I can't wait to hear the other stories. So here comes mine..

While out and about looking at Christmas decorations, my daughter who was 2 at the time, saw a beautiful manger scene. So all of a sudden she says "Mommy, look there's baby Jesus, Mary and Paul Joseph!" I just started laughing hysterically, so for y'alls sake I'll tell you why, my husbands name is Paul Joseph and since she's heard me call him that and then we talk about Mary and Joseph, she just rolled it all together. It was too cute! Hope that gives yall a chuckle too!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Mom likes to tell the story of me when I was a little girl. Had to prob. be 2nd gr or so b/c I was reading. I had one of those daily advent calendars where you opened the paper door and it was a bible verse. Well I read that a child would be born to Mary, a Virginian. I wasn't old enough to know what a vergin was and it looked like Virginia where I was from :)

More recently I was baking last yr. I was making this candy where the outside is pretty much butter and powder sugar and food coloring (and a little water I think). Then you roll it out and spread peanut butter on it, roll back up and fridgerate. Well any way I had not made them before and I was using my stand mixer. At first it was so wet so I kept adding sugar, then i forgot to put on the cover and started the mixer. By the time I was done I was covered in sugar, the counter & cabinets were covered in sugar, there was white sugar foot prints from the kitchen to the living room. It was EVERYWHERE! but by the time I was done, it sure tasted good! I am a major mess when I bake

Those are some cute stores!

Annie-Cheeze Wiz baby, how cute
Kim- our boys got a wagon one yr and were in it most the day so I get it!
XMasInBama-kids are so cute about adding names to similar names.

Last edited:

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
My funniest memory is when we took my son, who was 3, to go see HO HO (this is what he called Santa Claus). For some reason, they happened to be giving out free sample size boxes of cereal instead of candy canes. After he was done talking with Santa, we excitedly asked him what he asked HO HO for. He had a confused look on his face and said
"A truck.... why did he give me cereal?" :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ok, here's a funny one.

Every year at mom's house we have Santa, Mrs. Claus & 2 elves come to visit. Different ones each year and santa arrives in a different manner every year (snowmobile, 4-wheeler, etc...).

One year my cousin was one of the elves and that year Santa came down the roof. So down came Santa and Mrs. Claus. But this one elf (my cousin) didn't want to come down! She got scared once up there... it was so funny!! Everyone trying to coax her there and the kids wondering what was happening :) A great memory. She finally did come down and was smiling when she did.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
One recent funny memory from my husband's side of the family.

My mother-in-law had red wine glasses on her gift idea list to her (adult) daughter (but I was unaware). Fast forward to Christmas eve and we are opening gifts. My MIL opens her gift from my SIL and pulls out several wine glasses from the box and starts to giggle. The rest of us are looking perplexed too as my MIL has very simple taste and the glasses she pulled out of the box were bright red glasses- bright red glass wine glasses. My (very educated) SIL read the suggestion from her mother as she wanted the glass to be colored red not the wine glasses with the specific shape for red wine. Amongst all the laughter my poor SIL said she had looked at least 20 stores before she found the 'red' wine glasses and then had to go between 3 of those stores to get a complete set of 8.

My MIL returned all but one of the glasses and now brings it out every Christmas to drink her red or white wine from and remember the year of "red wine glasses"! We still laugh every year about that...

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Some good posts on this one!

It's nice to chuckle in the morning!

Here's another one I remembered:

One year my older brother was obsessed with us burning a yule log. Mind you, we live in Arizona. Yes, we did have a fireplace but it didn't get much use (Us Arizonans like to dream of white Christmases) So, this particlular Christmas my brother decided that we had to have a traditional yule log and he went out and found this HUGE stump. So, in the fireplace it goes. It was SO HUGE that when he put it in it took up the whole fireplace and smoke couldn't even go up the chimney. Our whole house filled with smoke. But we laughed and laughed because we all understood the dream in my brother's heart- that Norman Rockwell Christmas Eve scene- snow coming down, the family gathered by the tree- a scene that rarely happens out here in AZ!

Annie

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
These are great stories!

My favorite is when my nephew was 3 or 4 years old and I had kept him and his sisters for the weekend. It was Christmastime so I gave them their presents before they went home with their Mom. She was there to witness this, too. I had gotten my nephew one of those ridiculous singing Hamsters (remember those?) and the only box I had it would fit in was a trash bag box. He unwrapped that box and was so excited, he ran to his Mom yelling, "I got my own trash bags! I GOT MY OWN TRASH BAGS!!" Hilarious!

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Come on ladies! NOONE else has any funny or cute holiday stories!!

Only today and tomorrow to post and be eligible for the giveaway drawing!

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Congrats to XmasinBama for winning the week 2 drawing!

I will private message you to get your info so I can send off your prize!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Yay XmasinBama! Enjoy your prize!

XmasInBama

Retire Member
Nov 9, 2009
Thanks everyone! I rarely win something and I am very excited since we are expecting a baby girl in November. And BTW, DD is very excited about a baby sister! I am due the 22nd, so this was a great pick-me-up in JULY!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I bet our family would win for the most unfunny...Having a house burn down on Christmas. NO JOKE! My brothers house caught fire Christmas morning. And the worst part was, when we finally met up that night, we had set aside at least 4 prank gifts for him. Needless to say, not a very "prankful" moment!