WEEK 3: Entryway/ Foyer Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
This week we are deep cleaning our entryway/ foyer.
We are also focusing on our holiday day food prep:
Freezer meals for busy days.
Cookies and other sweet goodies!!! Do you have all your baking supplies? Time to try new recipes. Can you make and freeze a batch of holiday cookies?
Start a box for food bank donations. Buy 2 of items and place one in your box.
Battery supply for candles, gifts and decorations (don’t forget things like cameras, decorations etc that take odd size batteries).
Are you making progress on any homemade gifts?

And last (not Christmas but) do you need Halloween costumes and candy?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I would like to try making cookies and freezing them!

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Hope this is OK ... Since there may be new people to the HGP, here's the link to the new HGP Week 3. https://holidaygrandplan.com/03-entry-foyer-week/

My weekly list for the Foyer includes --
  • Touch up the sidelight windows, since I know there are doggie nose prints to be removed DONE (will do again each week to stay on top of it)
  • Scrub tile floor and clean the grout where needed DONE
  • Wash the throw rug DONE
  • Clean foyer baseboards, and touch up paint, where needed DONE
  • Clean stairwell baseboards, foyer to lower level
  • Clean stairwell baseboards, foyer to main level
  • Clean stairwell baseboards, main level to landing
  • Clean stairwell baseboards, landing to upper level
  • Wash and sanitize handrails
  • Clean ledge above stairwell to main level DONE
  • Clean wood bench DONE
  • Organize bench baskets DONE
  • Wash light fixture
  • Dust foyer artwork DONE
  • Re-pot foyer peace lily
And, thank you for the reminder about batteries. With daylight hours falling, I will soon need to take a flashlight on our early morning and evening walks and don't want to rely on my iPhone flashlight app. Better check those flashlight batteries!

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lori, it’s fine with me!!!
Couple of things I forgot to add to the list.
Batteries for smoke detectors!
If you are a hair and nail person now is the time to book all your hair and nail needs for over the holidays. Our people here are getting pretty well booked up already.

Potted all but 2 of my plants today. The garage has been bumped to a no rain day. While I was looking for a flower pot (that I never found) I saw a ton of stuff I want to take to the thrift shop. I think after I take care of my last 2 plants tomorrow I’ll load all that junk up in my car.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mum and I do care packages that we donate to the local church. I need to double check the things I have tucked away for my charity donations and start bagging them up.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Batteries for smoke detectors!
I change mine twice a year. When daylight savings starts (4th October this year) and when it finishes (4th April 2023) Easy dates for me to remember.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Another good reminder ... A couple of years ago, I ran across a 30-day food bank donation challenge on Facebook (Reverse Advent Calendar), but it was upped to 90 days -- October donation bin to the pantry on Nov. 1 for Thanksgiving, November donation bin to the pantry for Christmas, and December donation to the food bank on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day to start the year off right. The challenge listed certain items to place in the bin each day, but if those items were in short supply, I substituted with something else that would be meaningful. I'm going to be doing this challenge again this year, and need to print out my list. Even if you can't donate this much, any little bit helps.

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Husband and I did the garage today. We thought we would get to the storage room and winterize the fountain lol. By the time we got the cars pulled back in the garage we were toast. Will finish up later this week. Looking forward to the chiropractor and massage tomorrow.
The 90 day donation bin is a great idea. Never thought about doing it for that long.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I just thought about batteries and stocking up!
Perfect timing.

I also want to get stocked up on: ibuprofen, cough drops, Airborne

Don't want to get stuck needing those things and not having them on hand.
The worst!

Lori- Love that 90 day challenge idea!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I also want to get stocked up on: ibuprofen, cough drops, Airborne
Facial tissues (kleenex) have been in short supply all Winter here with the supermarkets limiting to 2 boxes per person. Maybe look at stocking up on these too.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Cleaned my 1/2 of the storage room in the garage today. 1/3 of the stuff went in the trash, 1/3 in my car to take to the thrift shop tomorrow and the rest back on the shelves. The other 1/2 of the room is my husbands junk. He said he’d get to it.
Took care of one of my Hoyas. The other is getting ready to bloom. Once it’s done blooming I’ll put it in its new pot. Never did find the flower pot I was looking for in the storage room. I might have taken it to the thrift shop last time lol.