Week 3 Houseworks Holiday Plan, Sept. 14th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
Me and Mine Week

This Week's Focus: Master Bedroom and Personal Spaces
This Week's reading assignments:
Sweet Dreams in the Organized Bedroom - page 200
Top Tips for Organizing the Master Bedroom - page 202
How to Clean A Dry Room - page 60

Link to this week's page.
:package:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I'm hoping to tackle my master bedroom tomorrow, it's in pretty good shape so shouldn't take too long.

So far so good, I'm managing to keep up with this plan.

:frosty:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finally got the pictures off the USB card and burned on a CD.... now have to put more on that card and get them developped asasp.

ciderjo

Retire Member
Sep 1, 2008
Worked on de-cluttering master bedroom on Sunday. Dh was watching football and so I got busy tossing in there. I am mainly de-cluttering the house, and doing some cleaning that needs it. Mainly the master is in great shape, just magazines, books, Cd's that traveled, old make up and clothes that either don't fit or just need to go.
I managed to finally put away wedding dress. Also, have a bridesmaid dress and shoes for a wedding that never happened (do you think it is ok to get rid of it? I haven't heard from her for almost 5 years and have NO idea if the wedding will ever happen or what happened. So much for being best friends?!). Also a jacket for an organization that I belonged to in HS, ten years ago.
My house isn't too dirty in the personal areas, except the kids who are just little mess makers. My house is just full of stuff at the moment, where did it all come from I'm wondering?! :confused:

So here are my planning activities:

*Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap and mailing supplies.
I have PLENTY!
* Make Christmas Card List
In the works
* Use computer address book.
Not necessary for me.
* Print address Labels for Christmas card.
I will do later this week.
* Order buy or print Christmas cards or letters.
Need to buy the paper for letters, took pictures of boys this last week, which is good. Youngest DS is now going bald from treatment, my poor baby. He is so cute!
* Plan personal pampering sessions.
Working on.
* Set aside a gift closet or create a gift box; inventory any previously purchased gifts.
Dh tore down the one I used in his shop, so now I have to find a new place! Grrr. I do need to inventory the ornaments I bought last week from Hobby Lobby!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Master bedroom doesn't need to be decluttered, but needs to be painted. I have a huge stack of paint chips, so I think I will at least get the color chosen and then paint later. We are replacing all the old windows in our house and this week our bedroom window goes in and new blinds put up, so at least something will get done in there.

:skate: Melanie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Trying to cut the flowers & shrubs up front (before it gets too cold and I run out of time!)... need to finish cleaning up the basement too!

SpanishRanch

MHH Member
Sep 3, 2008
SF Bay Area, California
Work this week is really keeping me hopping! I will be very happy if I can complete my two main HHP goals for Me and Mine:
1) Empty two boxes of papers that were placed into the MBR.
2) Update my Christmas card address list so that it is ready for this year.

ciderjo

Retire Member
Sep 1, 2008
Well I haven't accomplished much around here since Sunday! Ds who had treatment on Tuesday decided he was going to stay home Wednesday and watch cartoons. So he did. He hasn't been sleeping well, so it was understandable. He did take a nap, but by that time I was ready for a break myself. Oh well, there's always today, tomorrow and Saturday!
Still working on planning.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Well I've just finished tackling my master bedroom and en suite bathroom as part of this weeks plan. It wasn't too bad so didn't take as long as I expected. Started yesterday cleaning and de-cluttering all of the wardrobes and drawers, also did the vanity unit. Then today I have washed all the paintwork, wiped down the furniture, moved the furniture to clean behind, then just finished off with the regular dusting and hoovering. I clean the windows and wash ornaments as part of my monthly plan. Just need to make sure it stays that way.

:frosty:

ciderjo

Retire Member
Sep 1, 2008
Well I have got a wild hair here. I've decided that since we put up a new light fixture in our bedroom that the bed is not centered on, that I need to move the bed over about a foot. So, since the bed, which was an antique modified by dh, needs to have some screws, bolts and whatever tightened, I will have to take it all down anyway, so it will get worked on this evening hopefully when dh comes home. What a run on sentence that was! Must be that rare cup of coffee I had this morning.
I also plan on fluffing the curtains in there, and sewing a pocket rod onto the backs. They are pinch pleated, but they are always falling off the track this way. I saw on HGTV how they sewed a pocket for the rod on the back of pinch pleated. You got the look, but it was easier to deal with. I had forgotten about that plan, just have been too wrapped up in the goings on around here. :thud:

Work on Master bedroom
* Sew pocket rod for curtains
* fluff curtains
* Move bed over, have dh tighten and fix up bed.
* dust light fixture and side tables.
* Line drawer in my side table

ciderjo

Retire Member
Sep 1, 2008
I'm not through with the master at this point. Dh has been busy working on finishing our new front porch, which looks great, so he hasn't had time to help with fixing the bed frame and helping me move it over. Maybe today is the day, after he gets off of work that is. He's working until noon, which is good, we need the money. We are trying to pay off Sallie Mae around here, so any little extra bit sure helps. When I am done with all the rooms, I will be renting a carpet cleaner and cleaning all carpets in this house. They desperately need it! In unrelated news to the bedroom, but a major part of my holiday plan, the replacement gasket came for our soap stone stove yesterday, so that is something I can mark off the never ending list of to-do's before winter!! :pink:
How is everyone else doing? Is life getting in the way? Remember, anything, even the smallest bit of planning is something to celebrate!!! :party:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am going into the Master Bedroom - and I'm going to make it look nice! Tomorrow, I think some children will be watching the Disney Channel in here! I will vacuum, clean and polish! However, I will also do stash and dash - throwing things into the office/guest room. I hope I won't have to keep that room locked (whenever people come over) for the rest of my life!

On the good side - I am going to declutter and thoroughly clean the 1 and 1/2 bathrooms today. The are already in really good shape - so this will take less than an hour for both!