Week 4 Houseworks Holiday Plan Sept. 21st.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
I hope everyone is doing well!

Week 4 Houseworks Holiday Plan Close to Home Week
This weeks reading assignment.
Decluttering a Child's Room - page 208
Top Tips for Organizing Children's Rooms - page 210

Link to this weeks page.
:package:

goldenqueenalicia

Retire Member
Jul 16, 2008
Okay as 3 of the 4 children are not living here (2 in college and 1 in boot camp) this will be a great time to get these rooms in good shape and they should stay that way

dd22's room
()remove garbage
()remove laundry sorter place on landing for all rooms to share-make sure its emptied
()change bed sheets to holiday flannel
()remove air conditioner from window
()clean windows and all mirrors
()clean curtains
()dust all furniture
()sweep floor
()paint walls????

dd18's room
()remove garbage
()remove air conditioner from window
()put away all cloths and reorganize closet
()reorganize furniture
()vacum
()clean all windows and all mirrors
()clean curtains and rehang
()dust all furniture
()paint walls????

ds21's room
()remove garbage
()put away any cloths
()reorganize furniture
()dust all furniture
()sweep floor and polish
()clean windows and all mirrors
()clean curtains

finish master room as well

SpanishRanch

MHH Member
Sep 3, 2008
SF Bay Area, California
No need to work on a child's room (both kids in college; the one who comes home is very tidy) so I planned this week for Catch-Up. Two goals:
1) Master bedroom -- tackle some paper/project boxes.
2) Holiday travel -- start putting together our Christmas trip to Texas. At least plan out a schedule; ideally I will even make reservations.

I've been super busy coordinating a remodel project in a rental house. The work started on Thursday so most of my HHP goals flew out the window last week. (Also got 10 wasp stings while at the project site. That slowed me down a bit!) Think I will be able to post better progress this week.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Looking forward to this one, I always feel like I have really acheived something when this task is completed.

Will have a go at my son's room tomorrow and my daughter's on wednesday.

:flower:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Did DS's room yesterday... (only the closet to do... and he is old enough (15) to do it himself!). DD's room just got repainted so... DONE!

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
We only have one kid left at home also and we just overhauled his room this summer and washed walls, moved furniture around and laid new carpeting (not in that order).
I need this week for catch-up too. I felt "under the weather" most of last week so didn't get cleaning tasks finished.

ciderjo

Retire Member
Sep 1, 2008
I'm hoping to declutter and clean on our boys room this week. Might be hard though, youngest ds should have fairly low counts this week with his treatment, which will keep him home if that is the case. Next week he should be spending 3 days in the hospital, not sure if it will be me or dh who spends that time with him. So I need to get some work done around here this week for sure.

My plans for today:
Declutter boys toys and clothing. I did that when they started school, but a month of life got in the way and everything is a mess again.
Wash bedding.
Dust furniture, clean furniture.
Vacuum mattresses
Window/trim/lightfixture

leslie03

Retire Member
Jul 14, 2008
Augusta, GA
I normally try to do these things on the weekend, but tomorrow I'm off b/c my son's daycare closed for the day. It's an in-home daycare. So here's my list:

(x) Dr. appt. for me
(x) Dr.appt. for my son
(x) Vet
(x) Go through Justin's closet/toys
() Wash sheets
() I really need to go through my magazines...man the pile up faster than anything!

I think that's a pretty good list for now. I'm hoping I'll get more done than that - there's plenty to do!

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
This soooo needs to be done at my house--DD is 9 and needs to be in stuffed animals anonymous..so we will be sorting and donating some this week..i see this running WELL into the week-end! :santalol:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The kids rooms have been repainted and no decluttering needed since we just moved in August 1st. I am still focusing on the master bedroom. We have finally picked a paint color, the new window is in and I am deciding on some shelves that I want to put up by my desk area. Hopefully, we can get the work done soon!!

Have a great week,

Melanie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Decluttering Kid's Rooms. All kids are grown here. However I have a generous abundance of declutering to do anyway!!! I will be with the grandchildren at their house until Thursday. so -- it looks like the weekend for me!!!! :rudolph:

Oh - I just remembered that Thursday is the 25th. And the 25th is QVC's Christmas programs. And it is good to have that on in the background while you do Christmas work.... or decluttering.....or anything. It really isn't THAT fascinating to me...but it is good background stuff. The lights they sell always look pretty.

ciderjo

Retire Member
Sep 1, 2008
I've got a few more days to work around here. DS is able to go to school still, but his 3 day stay in the hospital starts next Tuesday, so I'm going to try and fit a little of next weeks goals into this week. Ah!
What I still need to do in boys room:
* Vacuum
* Clean frames
* cobwebs
* Make beds (I have new bedding bought off L.L. Bean that I need to get out!)
* Clean valance
* Measure window for new valance and Shade I want to make.

Planning:
* Seasonal spruce up exercise
* declutter toys DONE!!
* Have husband update Adobe, we have "no" speed internet, so he has to do the downloading at work.
* Stocking Stuffers (got some ideas)
* Decide about Halloween costumes. Dh and I are thinking masks this year, the prices on costumes are ridiculous!!
* Advent calendar ideas. Find something to go along with church activities.
* Christmas card list, still working on this. Ds's relapse has added quite a few new "contacts" to our regular list. The more the merrier! :party:

And for my next week, since I will be gone:
* Declutter Utility room.

This includes a huge closet that is just chock-full of crud at this moment. I did work on a little of it yesterday afternoon which helped a lot, but it still needs work.
I need to get rid of a lot, but also need to just straighten it up and keep it organized. I plan on taking a few projects with me to the hospital to work on, like the blanket that needs finished. But mainly I will be there for ds while he gets treatment, so a book might be all I can really work on while there. Thanks to dh I will have computer access, so I should be able to post if needed or at least read posts and keep inspired somehow.
Ok, I need to get off of here so I can get started around here!