WEEK 4: Master Bedroom

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Time to deep clean the master bedroom! Besides washing curtains and bed linens, dusting and cleaning furniture, light fixtures, and cold air returns it’s time to tackle closets, dresser drawers and jewelry boxes. While sorting out what clothing fits and doesn’t fit can be depressing it can also be uplifting to have closets and dressers not bursting at the seams (no pun intended) with things that don’t fit or you will never wear or use. Don’t forget to sort through you jewelry and shoes too. Is it time to replace any ratty looking jammies and undies??
While cleaning don’t forget to see what is hiding under the bed!

Continue to work on:
One freezer meal for later in the season
One batch of cookies for the freezer
Food items for donation
Work on home made gifts
Gift shopping
Start looking for boxes for any gifts that will need shipped.
Work on gift wrapping (see wrapping party days).
Table linens: does any thing need replaced, cleaned or repaired?

Other considerations:
Do you use disposable items such as baking pans, tray, and table ware for your holiday dinners and parties? Consider purchasing those items now given the ever changing supply chain and demand issues.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
It's going to be a crazy busy week for me, so I'm going to need to stay focused to get everything done that I want to do. I am taking a friend to a medical appointment early Monday morning; need to have emissions test on my car while waiting for her tests to be finished; have a religious retreat on Weds. followed by a luncheon; our Bible study group meets on Thursday; and I need to finish my crochet project for class on Saturday. The list for this week is pretty long!
  • Thoroughly dust all furniture DONE
  • Rotate mattress DONE
  • Launder mattress pad and bed skirt; remake bed DONE
  • Wash bedspread DONE
  • Replace bed pillows
  • Clean lamps and shades DONE
  • Clean ceiling fan and lights. DONE
  • Dust artwork DONE
  • Wash windows (inside). DONE
  • Wash mirror. DONE
  • Dust blinds. DONE
  • Organize closet #1 (primarily clothes) and set aside items for donation
  • Organize closet #2 (primarily linens and more formal clothes) and set aside items for donation DONE
  • Organize and weed dresser drawers and set aside items for donation
    • long dresser DONE
    • chest of drawers. DONE
  • Clean and organize night stands DONE
  • Reading materials to the shelves in the office or donate DONE
  • Wash baseboards
  • Organize jewelry
  • Change Scentsy wax melt for autumn DONE
  • Decide on holiday outfits and make notation
  • Finalize carpet selection (guest, primary, and stairs), set up appt for measuring, and order

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Taking this week off since I’ve worked ahead. Doing some shopping, making holiday cards and spending some time with my husband that doesn’t involve him helping me clean.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My bedroom was done last week as I had a bit more time and my room plus closets takes 2 full days to do. I find washing all the bedding after Winter takes the longest as I wash all pillows and spot clean the mattress and wait for it to dry before I can rotate.
I went through all the drawers and my closet and got 2 garbage bags full of clothes out as well as 7 pairs of shoes so it was a successful chore.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I actually did the laundry room this week. I really wanted to do more than cleaning but needed to delay the spruce up part until a later time due to time constraints.

I do have to some cookie dough I need to bake.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul