Week 5 Houseworks Holiday Plan Sept. 28th.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
House Room Week

This Week's Focus: Guest Room or Bonus Room
This weeks reading:
Housekeeping Skill Set: Clean - pages 49-71

:bigsnow:

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Whew! Got the DD room done yesterday-just under the wire! Since the guest room is also the catch-all room, this will be a busy week too :haha:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We don't have a guest room, so I am still working on the Master Bedroom. It gets painted and new shelves put up this weekend. Finally!!

:friendly: Melanie

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
We don't have a Guest room either, but when we have guests, they usually stay in the children's rooms, so I'm going to spend some extra time in the Girl's room, Max's room, and the loft this week - just getting in some extra decluttering and cleaning.

I might put together a little guest basket, though, that we can keep in the linen closet but put out when guests are here - little soaps, extra toothbrushes, that kind of thing. I also want to work on some things for guests like purchasing NOW the kind of coffee I know my brother and MIL drink so that I have it on hand during the holidays ... just little things that I can do for our guests and to prepare ahead of time, even without having an actual guest room, you know?

So lovin' having all of you to work through this plan week by week! Inspiring and pretty fun, too :grouphug: Can you believe it is almost October???

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I might put together a little guest basket, though, that we can keep in the linen closet but put out when guests are here - little soaps, extra toothbrushes, that kind of thing. I also want to work on some things for guests like purchasing NOW the kind of coffee I know my brother and MIL drink so that I have it on hand during the holidays ... just little things that I can do for our guests and to prepare ahead of time, even without having an actual guest room, you know?

I think that is a lovely idea....a little guest basket. Aren't you the smart one? :applause:

:bigsnow:

redfairy

Premiere Member
May 23, 2008
Utah
We don't have a guest room (although we do have several rooms down in the basement that are being used as craft rooms and such), so I'm using this week to catch up on the first three weeks. I got derailed from the plan because of a huge family celebration, so now that's past, I can get back on track. Hopefully, cause my kids are now off-track from school, lol.

tiffanylh

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
This week I am planning to tackle the rest of the kids' rooms and the rest of the master bedroom closet. I guess I'm sort of rearranging or catching up on the plan as well. I seem to have started on these areas at the right time, but never quite got them finished! LOL! Now that September is nearly over, I should be able to stay with the plan unless LIFE puts a spin on things, again!!!! We have 5 birthdays and one anniversary all in September; and this year we were asked to host a party for DH's work with very little notice! Now, that all of those happy occasions have been celebrated, I am ready to focus, focus focus! Yeah! I am so glad to be able to chat and share with all of you!

SpanishRanch

MHH Member
Sep 3, 2008
SF Bay Area, California
I have two goals this week:
1) Do something about the three small stacks (three small projects) that are sitting on the guest bed.
2) Decorate for autumn (my first time doing so!). The front porch will be my main focus. Probably won't do much inside the house. I will be hosting Thanksgiving at our cabin, so that is where I will arrange table decorations, etc... but not until mid-November.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I plan to work on the Guest Bedroom which is going to be really easy for me. It's more of a spare bedroom than a guest room as we've never had anyone to stay in it. It's tidy and the wardrobes are empty apart from a couple of things I want to sell on ebay. So shouldn't be a bad week, but saying that I haven't started on my chores for the week yet so I'd better get going.

:frosty:

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
I didn't get too much accomplished yesterday. I had my 4 yr old granddaughter for the day to do GRAMMIE things and she plum wore me out!! My house was "trashed" too. Now to recover some order! lol
I did get my bathroom cleaned on Sunday and the last cupboard in the kitchen was overhauled and new shelf liner inserted. I have room there (now) to store extra baking items in prep for holiday baking. I bought an extra can of PAM and an extra bag of sugar so those are there waiting for baking time.
Today, I need to get some laundry washed and then I will get back to the Plan!

ciderjo

Retire Member
Sep 1, 2008
Home from the hospital stay with youngest ds. They kept him an extra 24 hours because of an allergic reaction to a shot they gave him. So glad I got the utility room done last week. Dh, is good at keeping dishes clean, but the rest of the house is a mess. Need to concentrate on that today. Tomorrow is 150th anniversary of our church, so that will be busy and then Monday we take ds down again for his doctor appointment. Ugh. So much to do, so little time!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
ciderjo, take some time for yourself this weekend.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Ciderjo - I am amazed at the fabulous amount of work you are doing. You are my hero. I will be sending you love and admiration and strength! (I sure hope this works!) Your family is lucky to have you!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Oh - here is my work for the afternoon.

(1) Watch movies on the Lifetime Channel. So far I have watched two movies. The women in each movie are ery very good. The men in each movie are bAD, TERRIBLE AND EVIL. ALSO, SOME OF THE MEN ARE CRAZY. These movies are very satisfying.

(1a) My husband is watching sports on another TV. He finds these shows very satisfying too.

(1b) Our children are happily grown and happily married. This opens up a whole world of wonderful pleasures to us parents. Do not ever fear getting old. It is so much fun!!!

I went to the grocery store. I ran the dishwasher. Dinner is cooked. I think I will go outside and read my novel for half an hour on the chaise lounge. And drink a delicious glass of cabernet/merlot which costs $3 a bottle at my local store.

SpanishRanch

MHH Member
Sep 3, 2008
SF Bay Area, California
Okay, posting my results for week 5:
Very limited time to work on HHP this week, but I did work on decorating the front porch. It was fun! Now I see why my MIL likes to decorate rather than cleaning or tidying her house. (I've always tended to clean first, and decorate later, which means I rarely get around to decorating.) Anyway, a couple of days ago I bought some fall colored mums and have nearly finished planting them. (Had to tidy up some planters first.) It should take only 10 minutes or so to finish the rest. Will add a few pumpkins next time I am at the store.

Did not get around to clearing the guest bed. Since we are expecting guests at Thanksgiving, I'm sure the bed will be tidied sometime before then!