Week 6 Houseworks Holiday Plan Oct. 5

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This is a great topic for the week. Both for those who need to work on organizing clothes (me) and for those who need to do a catch-up week (me). :ghost:

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
This past weekend I changed my wardrobe over from summer clothes to winter wear and as I sorted things for the SPACE bags, I took an honest look at them and if I had not even worn them this summer, they went into the "THRIFT STORE" box. Also, I lost a lot of weight this summer so the winter-wear got sorted too and anything in size large is gone too.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wadeallie - WOW!!!!! The going through clothes was great. The thrift store contributions were great! And losing weight - so things were too big!!! That is incredibly good!! I think you just gave an energy boost to all your friends here at MHH! A victory for one is a victory for all of us!!!!

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
wadeallie-way to go!! :party:
Been doing this assignment some over the past few weeks as it has been getting cooler here...gotta catch up on some previous assignments myself...did take a big load to goodwill yesterday-whew!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Tomorrow - Wednesday - is my trip with donations for the Thrift Shop. So far, I have some Sports items in the trunk of my car. My goal is to donate some clothing. And also - some things from the kitchen.

So - I will try to keep my eyes - and my goal - on the trunk of the car. :package:

ciderjo

Retire Member
Sep 1, 2008
You know I realized, if anything I need new clothes. I took over teaching Sunday school for my sister when she had her baby, so I have 1 skirt, 1 suit dress and 1 pair of black slacks. I need new black dress shoes, some more blouses, another pair of slacks would be great and another skirt or skirt suit. Oh to go clothes shopping without the kids or even dh!! :grin:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Ciderjo - congratulations for already doing the hardest part of clothes shopping! Which is - figuring out what you really need BEFORE you go shopping!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This is not easy for me. I have sorted my clothes into piles. Or some of my clothes. I guess the next step is to continue the sorting. Sigh. This is not fun for me. Is this sort of thing fun for anyone?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wednesday morning - gigantic pile of my clothes on the couch. And they are not all out of the corners (and floor) of my closet. Sigh.

I think I will still take a trip to donate things to the thrift store today. It is next to the Farmers Market on Wednesday. There is a stall at the market that sells containers of terrific hot & soup soup for $1. That trip might be a nice break from doing laundry and staring at my pile of clothes.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Excellent "field trip" idea SparkleNana!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I see light at the end of the tunnel!!!

The pile of clothes in the living room is gone. The pile of clothes in the family room is much smaller. Clothes have been put back into the closet in order. There are bags by the front door for the Thrift Shop.

Why was this so hard for me? Oh, well. As we go along our path, I guess some parts of the path are uphill.

I'm not finished -- but I can see that there CAN be an end to this project. :ghost:

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Thanks for the support. I tend to hang on to clothes forever and this site has me looking at the mess and (finally) kicking my rear into gear to sort it out. I have realized that I wear alot of sweatshirts and I need to change this and get some nice sweaters or different tops. That's the best part of losing weaight....buying new clothes!!

ciderjo

Retire Member
Sep 1, 2008
Sparklenana, I wish the hardest part was done. But unfortunately for me, the hardest is getting to the store! We live an hour from any shopping center and we go to the city (1 1/2 hour drive both ways) once a week for ds. It would be great to get the shopping done then because there are so many place to shop, but ds is usually so tired and grumpy (with good reason of course) when he is done with his appointment that we just pick something up to eat and head home. Dh doesn't want me to "waste" gas by going on my own without plans to grocery and whatever else he needs (read, he goes along) picked up. I haven't gone clothes shopping on my own in over a year, darned gas prices. Guess I will just have to see if my sisters want a mental health day next week or something! :-D

goldenqueenalicia

Retire Member
Jul 16, 2008
Thankfully this is done, all cloths are switched over and stored (I have a bench with storage in my dressing room and this is where I store all my out of season cloths plus I have only 1 tub of cloths that are a little too tight, I can squeeze into them but am not comfortable....I am losing weight or trying to, and I limit myself to this only tub and am keeping only cloths that I loved)

plus I just revaped my laundry room area, so where I sort, clean, hang and fold and iron cloths is well organized now.