Week 6:Kids Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
This is always such a hard part for me. They have so much. I went through DS 2/3 room not long ago but not deep cleaning more getting the floor taken care of. Clothes I go through as I go all the time so that shouldn't be too much there.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm lucky with kids rooms. None so I'll toss in dh room instead. Worse. Kids you think you might be able to train to do better. Men you know you can't do a thing about it.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I am making some progress on the cleaning and decluttering tasks, but I haven't made much progress on the seasonal preparations in a few weeks now.

We actually DID tackle DD's room this weekend, tidying her crafts collection and also (finally) going through her 2 libraries (she has a large collection in her bedroom, and a whole shelf in the large bookcase downstairs). She also helped to go through her toys in the playroom (not her room, but as we were on a roll and she was willing, I went with it!).

For the rest of this week, my intentions are to concentrate on crafting. DH is out late tonight so I will make some progress on sewing DD's owl and the crayon rolls I have already cut out.

And then, I hope to actually do more than look at craft magazines and make a few more cards (I have only made 4 so far, and there are a LOT more to make).

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Not a whole lot to do in this room - DS is brand new so his room has not had time to get too cluttered! :)

I did clean the window and move clothes too small for him out of the closet and into a tote in our storage area.

Other than double checking the ceiling corners for cobwebs and dusting his light - I think the rest of the room is looking pretty good!

Which lets me prep for our camping trip this weekend and maybe - just maybe - sneak in some holiday prep!!!

I've started my Christmas Cards - need to keep plugging away there! Need to review my lists again!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I combined this plan w/ the HHP some what and went through the boys clothes yesterday. I tossed some, took some out to put away till next year, took some to donate. A little of everything. Everytime I look in my closet i want to get rid of some stuff but can't seem to make a decision on most of it. So I may put it off alittle longer and in the winter see what I automatically go to and get rid of the other stuff.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I'm genuinely amazed that we're in week six already!!

Weren't we just having July Rudy day not long ago??

Well... this is a big week for me. I'm doing ok at the moment, although I doubt I'll get through everything.

My older daughter's bedroom is almost ready for her to move in to. Her floor covering is down, window blind is up and her bed is assembled. She now just needs a wardrobe and a chest of drawers.

So, my focus has been on moving her things out of the other bedroom. In the spirit of Wardrobe week (I'm doing both the Grand and Houseworks plans), I have sorted through all her clothes and seperated them from my younger daughter's ones so they're ready to be put in to her new wardrobe and drawers when we get them.

The hardest part for me is the toys... oh the toys... I got rid of a bunch of broken ones and some that had parts missing, and have put away a bunch so I can rotate them every now and then.

Has anyone else noticed that no matter how often you put the toys away, a 2.5 year old can have them spaced out all over the floor in a matter of minutes?? Sigh...

Anyway... on to more controllable things... my grocery shopping is going well. I have a few presents, some of which I have ordered online (so easy!).

Well, I'll stop jabbering now.

Hope you're all having fun!