WEEK 6: Kids Rooms

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
It is week 6 and time to tackle the kids room(s) from top to bottom! Clean all surfaces and fixtures (don’t forget under the bed!). Wash linens, curtains and throw rugs. Sort out clothing for those things that no longer fit, not worn or in poor repair. Remove all the clutter including toys and games no longer played with or broken. Is it time to update curtains, bedspreads, etc because you child is growing up?

Continue to work on:
Holiday baking
Freezer meals
Food donations
Gift shopping
Gift wrapping and preparing to ship gifts
Work on any homemade gifts
Work on homemade Christmas cards, ordering cards or shopping for cards (I saw tons this week in the stores)
Goody baskets for guest rooms
Smoke detectors

Other thoughts: Personally I see this week definitely a joint project for parents and kids. A good time connect (or reconnect).

No kids room? Take advantage of this week to finish another area, start an area that will take a little longer to complete or just take the week off.

Reactions: jampss

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
No kids room here, and I'm going to be away from home late month. So this week, I'll tackle my pantry. I need to go through everything anyway, and I have canning that has to be put away. So this is the week. I plan to pull everything out, organize it by "type", check dates, clean all shelves and racks, and then put things away, inventorying as I go. That inventory list will help me with restocking and filling holes. And some items, I'm sure, will wind up in a donation box for the Food Bank.

• Remove all items from pantry and organize by category. DONE
  • Wipe down shelves, racks, and floor. DONE
  • Tighten door rack. DONE
  • Clean out containers basket (and make sure all containers have a matching lid)
  • Check dates and inventory. DONE
  • Refill racks, baskets, and shelves. DONE
  • Canning jars, etc. to garage bin. DONE
  • Donation box to garage DONE

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Will finish the 2 floor this week, 2 bedrooms and guest bath. Completed one bedroom today except for curtains. I need to make some new ones for both bedrooms. Will rummage through my stash to see what I can find.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished up the 2 nd floor with my husbands help. Ordered curtains from kohls for the bedrooms instead of making them. All that’s left on this weeks to do list is to re-pot the Hoya plant that is finally done blooming. Will do that this afternoon when it warms up.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Feel pretty good about this week's accomplishments, with everything else interrupting my life. Just one pantry basket to complete. How I wind up with so many containers for leftovers, I don't know. Just need to make them fit in their allotted pantry space. Perhaps this evening's project.