Week 7: Bed & Bath

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Oh I get it the Bed part is the linned closet. I did a lot in the bathrooms w/ the HGP so not much for me to do w/ them. I would like to find some silk fall flowers to go in the bathroom to replace the sping ones in there now. And need to get a Mr. Clean magic eraser and scrub the tubs.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I worked in my linen closet today, and it looks pretty good. I have not started my Christmas cards yet. I fall behind with my cards every year.

I got my Halloween cards finished today, so now I can focus on Christmas cards.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Bathrooms done.
Linens done.
No overseas gifts to mail.
Gift wrapping center set up.

Most of this was done the week prior to the start of the HWHP. I have some touch up's to do in each room but for now I'm still taking full advantage of this spectacular weather and FINALLY getting all of the "great outdoors" projects done and completed before the colder weather sets in. With Halloween quickly approaching I wanted my front lawn and garden beds to welcome everyone. I think it's the prettiest it's ever been decoration wise. I'm just thrilled.

The most important part for me is having help to get all of the outbuildings done. This has been a constant reminder of a horrible time in 2005 and 2008 when hurricanes destroyed my home and wreaked alot of damage. Recovered personal possessions were stuffed in boxes and shoved anywhere and everywhere you could cram them for safe keeping until the damage was repaired or the home rebuilt. Life doesn't stop or even slow down so you just keep moving forward and finally the day has come that we've gotten a breather to go through these things. Most of these things have long been replaced but some are simply treasures to see again. It's like Christmas in October.

It's very hard to restrain myself and not bring all of these memories back into the house, for old times sake of course. I've worked so hard decluttering and this has been a huge temptation but so far I'm staying strong. Goodwill is going to love me. I'm so excuted. For the first time in 5 years I feel like I can breathe again. Five years, three hurricanes, destroyed home and business, a son with cancer, a son critically injured in a motorcycle accident, BP oil spill, DH laid off, a personal injury and WE MADE IT. The home is rebuilt and more beautiful than ever, the business was rebuilt and sold for a good profit, my son's cancer was removed and has not returned, my son's motorcycle injuries are healed and he just graduated college, DH has been blessed with a fantastic opportunity and will probably start work next week, I'm recovering from my injuries and most important of all we are finally getting the last of those reminders decluttered,cleaned and organized just in time to really celebrate the holidays this year. We have so much to be thankful for!

Last edited:

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I have updated my linen closet in the last few weeks.... I have been departing with all the very used things...I purchased all new wash clothes, towels & hand towels... decluttered alot a few weeks back.... and the decore of red, white & blue will be added this week....

:snowman: