Week 8: Kitchen

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
The kitcjen, as a room, is not too bad. I actually spent 3 hours re-organising the pantry-type cupboards yesterday afternoon (which probably gets me ahead next week), and tidying down the worktops (as the crockpot was out to make chicken stock last night anyway, so pulled out the rest!).

I got the remains of 2 more presents at lunchtime today (golf balls for my Dad and aunt), as well as muffin cases and sweetie wrapping papers. And I finally managed to purchase the Christmas cards too.

The plan for this week -
Spend time crafting while DH is away (in London today and possibly Spain for a couple of days later in the week).
- DH's aunt's lap blanket (knitting)
- Christmas cards (I wnat to make 6 more)
- Baking for School cake sale (by Wednesday night)

And I am also working on clearing out the freezer, as it is sooo stuffed full I can't get anything else in! If I make a couple of stews and a batch of plum jam, that should help somewhat!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I actually managed to get my cardmaking stuff out, and make 4 cards last night!!!

DH found the calendar for the HGP on the table when he got home, and laughed. I don't think he realised I was doing things so methodically! Oh well, it is getting bits done so I will have headspace to enjoy life (and deal with the panics at work) in December.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
UN. REAL.

I can't believe it is Kitchen Week already! Yipe! Yipe! Yipe!

I have done almost nothing so far this week on the kitchen. I dusted the ceiling fan and dusted ceiling corners and above the cupboards.

That is it, folks. :)

Last night I was up late making baby food - roasted butternut squash - Yum!

Tonight I hope to have time after DS goes to sleep to do the 2 cabinets that are the most cluttered.

I am not completely panicked because I was forced to do a mini-HGP on the kitchen cupboard and appliance fronts AND baseboards when DS started crawling.

If there is a nook or cranny - he wants to stick his little hand in there and check it out - and then the hand goes back in the mouth. UGH!

So I cleaned quite a bit recently as a result of that. Including a Pine-Sol session on the whole floor.

If I can just devote a little more time this week I will feel better.

My biggest challenge? Cleaning those darn blinds on the window over the kitchen sink.

1. They are hard to get to
2. Because of cooking "ick" in the air the dust is "stuck" on

However, I am going to try the clean, old sock trick in combination with vinegar.

Can I just say that basic white vinegar is the coolest thing EVER? It does everything!!! Love it!!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
wow its alsmot Friday and I didn't even look to see what this week is. I need to do plenty plus start a list of ing. I need extras of for freezer cooking or christmas breads. I am home tomorrow so Hopefully I will get in there and do some stuff

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I'm going to try and organize my draws. I was able to do all the cabinets and have a little extra room in there for the extra holiday foods. I hate going through this one draw. It is a catch all for things that no one knows where to put and it's all mixed in with important kitchen items!! It's also that draw that I would die if a guest opened up at Christmas!!! lol After the draw is done, then I am going to wax the cabinets. Then I am going to spot clean the inside of the oven so I can run the self cleaning cycle. If I can get these things done today I will be finished in the kitchen.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to still clean inside the cabinets and under the stove and refrig. The stove is easy. I just remove the drawer at the bottom so I can wash the floor underneath. But the Refrig I have to get dh to push out. It has the center island in front of it and is surrounded by cabinets so you can't get behind it but by climbing over one counter. Dumb design for cleaning.

I've washed almost all of the items inside the cabinets. I have picked up extra foil roasting pans that I might need for the holidays. I still need to bring in plants from outside. Some of them live in the kitchen for the winter.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Okay, made a little progress:

- Cleaned out and reorganized the two worst cabinets (the others are all okay)
- Cleaned window
- Started cleaning blinds, work in progress :(
- Washed curtains, need to dry and hang them back up
- Cleaned sill plate on kitchen door

Alot left to do, but I am using Pantry/Closets week to finish up the Kitchen! :)