Week 9: Pantry/Closets Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My closet (yes we have only 1!!) is a bit of a mess, need to work on getting out the summer stuff and filling with winter!

I also plan on working some more on the dressers, doing the switch of seasonal clothing - as shorts keep finding a way back after I remove them ;) My 14 year old I believe is not ready to pack away his shorts!

I went through my pantry and noted items I will need for the baking to come. And made a list of needed storage containers and 'would like to have if they go on sale' :)

More work on cards this week, and I am making A LOT of crockpot veggie broth for the freezer - as soup is a big menu staple for us.

As my puppy is on a 'raw' food diet, he will be enjoying the extra veggies with his protein meals. I just chop the whole thing up and freeze a days worth at a time - works well and nothing is wasted!

grandma bucket

Retire Member
Oct 5, 2009
I cleaned my closets out last week and switched summer for winter. A few days later my hubby booked a winter cruise. Now I need to dig some of them out. A never ending mess over here.

grandma bucket

Retire Member
Oct 5, 2009
I forgot to mention the pantry. All is clean and I started to stock for holiday baking. I was going to buy nuts at the grocery store this week but when I saw the prices of the nuts I picked up two bags of chocolate chips instead. You see I didn't want to tell my hubby the cruise was canceled due to holiday baking. I think I will wait for a good nut sale.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
The price of nuts is well nuts lol :D Sorry could not resist!
We eat a lot of nuts due to other allergies in our home, and it is really expensive now!
I purchased a large amount of glass jars from Ikea, and switched all my flours and baking staples into them. Amazing how much easier it is to find and use now!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I managed to sort out the coats last night, to wash dirty ones and put away outgrown ones for Nieces and Nephews. I am slowly working my way through things that need doing. I have a long long list again this week, but I hope to do a lot outdoors, in DD's room, the dining room and the study over the weekend.