WEEK 9: Pantry

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
It’s Week 9! We will be cleaning the pantry and finishing up any kitchen areas that we didn’t get to last week.
Pull everything out of the pantry. Pitch old/stale/ expired items. Are there items that you will not use? Consider giving them away, donate or pitch. Wash down the pantry. Do you need new storage containers or shelf liners? When returning items bring the ones that expire first to the front. Make a list of any items you will need for holiday cooking or everyday.

Continue:
Holiday baking
Freezer meals
Food donations
Gift shopping
Gift wrapping and preparing to ship gifts
Work on any homemade gifts
Work on homemade Christmas cards, ordering cards or shopping for cards. Order/ buy stamps

Other things:
Extend invitations for Thanksgiving if you haven’t already done so.
Order Thanksgiving turkey or holiday meal.
Make and freeze any side dishes, pie crust, etc for Thanksgiving to save time later.
Start preparing for any special sleeping arrangements for the holidays.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
My pantry is the coat closet reimagined into a food pantry with shelves. Did this some years ago. So, I looked through the shelves and organized and then pulled everything out of the bottom from the floor. Swept it. And then put it back all nice and neat! It's amazing the dust bunnies that accumulate there. :oops::eek:;)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
My pantry is the coat closet reimagined into a food pantry with shelves.
My pantry is a reimagined linen closet with baskets from the Container Store. So many times we have to think outside of the box.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I can relate to dust bunnies! Myron and Sebastian have been gone 2 years and I am still cleaning up cat hair. Vacuumed enough hair off of the refrigerator coils and underneath it for another whole cat a few weeks ago. I clean under there once or twice a year.
Did a little more reorganizing in my sewing room this week and some general house maintenance.