Week Eleven - Food Storage

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My lists for the week:

Household Checklist:

- clean fridge - DONE
- clean oven - DONE
- defrost freezer - DONE
- clean upstairs pantry - DONE
- clean downstairs pantry - DONE

Holiday Prep Checklist:
- buy Christmas stamps
- email MIL re: gift ideas - DONE
- start Christmas baking

Last edited:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Week 11 - Food Storage Week (11/10/2014)

House:
Clean out the refrigerator.
Clean out the freezer.
Raid pantry for food donation drives.
Inventory seasonal staples & spices. Restock while it is loss leader time at the supermarket.
Plan ahead / freezer meals for busy December nights.
Find Thanksgiving Dishes/Cookware and dust off from top shelves

Holiday:
Discuss gifts for Grandparents
Start loading Amazon Shopping cart for trigger pull no later than Cyber Monday.
Makes decision on the big gifts.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My freezers are full. I have the one drawer under the refrig and then a small chest in the furnace room. I will be eating out of them the next two weeks.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The stove/oven are clean, so the fridge and the freezer has been defrosted.

I HATE these jobs, so am really glad they are done!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Mel I feel your pain. I hardly used my oven over the summer, so thankfully that wasn't as big of a job as usual. My fridge and freezer are also clean. The only thing sitting in my freezer right now is two ice trays and a box of baking soda LOL.

Last week I was attempting to pull out my serving pieces, taking inventory, when I accidently dropped one of my favorite baking/serving platters. Broke completely in half. Talking about upset. I paid $5 for it at Target a few years ago - caught it on clearance. Now I have to replace it and I know it's not going to be $5.

Anyways, I'm going to the market before the week is out and start purchasing items for Thanksgiving as well as my baking supplies.

I won't be making any freezer meals this year. Just don't feel like it.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Oh aggy,

I am so sorry about your platter.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
How is everyone doing this week?

I have all the household work done - I just finished cleaning the pantries.

I finished wrapping the kids gifts and bought their stocking stuffers last night.

I am waiting to hear back from my MIL about gift ideas for my FIL.

Hope you are all having productive weeks.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
ok, I'm starting to feel behind.... but if dh stays at home longer I will have him put up the tree and lights this week (maybe Monday), so I can decorate slowly. Then there will be the Christmas baking.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Luludou good idea. I was talking to my good girlfriend/coworker and she said her husband bought a new tree has already put it up. Her husband is a big Christmas lover like us. I am so tempted to put my tree up because I keep looking at the new ornaments I bought, but I'm going to wait. :)

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
To be honest I have nothing left to do (house chore wise).

I was hoping to get out and start shopping for Thanksgiving before the weekend came but it didn't happened (rolling my eyes). So I will get out super early tomorrow morning (before the rest of the world wakes up) and do my shopping at the Super Walmart.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Fridge - Done (I would have made a science professor proud)
Freezer - Done (So much wasted food because of poor freezer organization.)
Pantry - Done (Restocked)
Microwave - Done (How does this giant appliance always get overlooked?)
Stove - Done (Now time for the dreaded oven)

It's been a full day in the kitchen for sure but I'm glad it's over. I read a tip about using the Glad Press-N-Seal on refrigerator shelves to make life easier the next time the fridge needs cleaning. Simply change out the film and no more scrubbing drips off of the glass shelves. I did mine so we'll see.

Aggy, I was at Super Walmart at 3am. No crowds but every aisle was blocked with pallets of product being put up by the night crew.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I didn't get my Christmas stamps yet - stupid post office can't seem to get it together. I will try next week.

Christmas baking didn't get started, but it is a priority for next week.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I did not get as much done as I wanted. But I will catch up this week.

Christmas prep is on track and going well. I am really happy with that part.

Its the house stuff that fell behind this week. Fridge, Freezer, oven etc are all done but I really need to get to the pantry. I have been stocking up each week on items for Christmas and they are in my spare cupboard (from last week) until I get the pantry sorted. The pantry is also where I store many of my Christmas glasses, cups, plates etc.... I really want to get those out and wash them- ok I'll be honest run them through the dishwasher!

I have the last few gifts due to arrive any day now and will begin to wrap this week- I like to wrap in a huge burst! That way I can pretty much leave it out until I finish it then pack it away.