Week Fifteen - Final Clean

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I find this plan is working well for me. I'm learning a lot and see areas that I'm weak in and can improve on for next year.

This week I want to keep on wrapping the gifts that I have and the ones that are arriving at the doorstep.

I still need to work on cards but won't do that until I'm caught up on the gift wrapping.

I have some gift cards to order tonight and then I think I may be done with online ordering. Chances are that I forgot something. :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I had a really great start to the week!!

I mailed 2 packages and 2 cards and bought 2 white elephant gifts for the dinner at my boss's house next weekend.

DD and I baked 11 dozen cookies, 5 dozen butter tarts and 2 batches of fudge.

Still haven't started wrapping - yikes!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Lucie - yay for wrapping!!

I got 6 dozen cookies made after dinner. Tomorrow evening DD will decorate them. Almost done with the baking!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The cookies are decorated!!

I have two more kinds of treats to bake and then I am done with baking!!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wrapping and stashing presents this week. Making final decisions and hoping to get the last of my packages mailed out by the end of this week. (Fingers crossed). Using USPS Flat Rate and those go pretty fast. DB's gift is going to be rewrapped from its overabundance of "packaging" that it came with so that it will not cost a fortune to ship.

Read the articles this week and got off on a whole side-venture on mops. She recommended two and I think I'm going to try them. Who doesn't need a good mop?

Out and about today with DH on our "mandatory" christmas shopping day. He HATES shopping but is a pretty good sport about it when we are actually out there (once a year). We've really had a hard time scheduling it this year.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Keep up the good work, everyone!

Packages keep arriving and I keep wrapping. We've had a few snowstorms this past week which means the planned shopping at the stores has not been done yet. Baking got done instead, lots of it. I still need to work on cards.

Dh and I set up a shopping plan for the next two days as we're expecting more snow on Sat. and Sun.

Mary

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
8 dozen cookies got made this evening.

One more treat to make tomorrow and then I can start wrapping.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The baking is done!!!

DD and I got the goodie tray put together and the presents wrapped for the staff party tonight.

Tomorrow - I start wrapping!!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Just read the words "Final Clean" and laughed out loud. Right! My house was doing okay, had it sorta under control and this week came and it got wrecked. The end of term "science project" got done in the middle of my wrapping station. An short trip has backpacks and gear all over bedroom floors. End of year financial has papers accumulating. Being gone all day and having rushed meals is starting to show in kitchen counter piles. Another heavily booked weekend and the kids have friends over right now. Have to pull this place together! Deep breaths. I can do this. (More coffee!)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I hear you on the final clean, Cindylouwho! It was clean then the school projects took over and three days of snow came. I'm trying to maintain the rooms everyday but it's difficult.

The major shopping is done! Writing out cards, baking and wrapping happened this weekend. I am seeing progress.

Mary