Week Fifteen - Final Clean

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I need to have at least another evening of errands this week... and I'm planning tomorrow. Then I have a dinner with our new work group, an evening for a retirement (haven't yet decided if I'm going or not), dh's company supper. So a big week!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Even though Christmas prep is done, it is going to be a busy week.

Tuesday - DD has to go to the local college and write a final exam. The last gift will be picked up on this day and wrapped.

Wednesday - I have a dentist appointment to do prep work for a crown that I am getting later in the month.

Thursday - DD's surgery!!

After that it is all about taking care of DD and getting DS to and from work.

Laundry, housework and dinner prep get done every day and doesn't take long.

I think tomorrow (Monday) is going to be my odds and ends catch up day.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We picked up the last gift this morning and DD just finished wrapping it.

Glad that is done!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hi,

I've been missing getting here. It's been a rough few weeks. I'm doing what I can each day but I've lowered expectations for myself this year. I'm so glad that I did what I did in September, October and the beginning of November. I know I'd be such a mess right now.

The tree was decorated this weekend. I've wrapped the Giving Tree gifts for this weekend. I've got to wrap all the teacher gifts. I have more cards to write out. Tomorrow I'll be cleaning the house again. I feel good about it since I have been able to keep up with it.

Mary

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
You are doing great, Mary!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have the tree up and gifts wrapped but have stalled out with the other decorating. Will have to step it up over the next few days.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
House is ready to go. Puppy will be ready to go (just saw pix of her today and about died she is so cute!). Behind on the rest of Christmas shopping because DH and I haven't decided on a couple of major gifts. DD is being difficult to shop for this year. I'll take care of most of the remaining shopping tomorrow but her big gift is still not figured out.

Am really really really feeling the time crunch now. I'm so overbooked it is crazy. I have something every evening and all weekends booked. Trying to finish by next Friday when school lets out. And I still have orders to place online. Going to be paying through the nose for shipping on those!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Checking back in to muster some energy. Have been cyber shopping most of the day. Now my brain is fried. :) Got the items I needed as they were selling out. Have to go back and cross check my list to see what I'm still missing. DS still needs pajamas. DH still needs a few things but I can get those when I'm out with DD. Okay, getting myself up to go start wrapping DS wants presents under that tree! Can someone give me a push? :)

Oh -- and I got all my Christmas boxes tucked nicely back in the attic today! Yay!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
How's the wrapping going, Cindylouwho? Great job on getting things ordered. I understand the overbooked feeling. Make sure you take care of yourself so you don't get run downed. I've been there before.

I have to get a few things ordered. My goal is to get it done by Sunday night.

I cancelled out on a Christmas tea for today. I've been feeling under the weather lately. I stayed on the couch and worked on Christmas cards. I have a few more to do. A good amount of wrapping got done on Friday. That was a big weight off of my shoulder.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im pretty well sorted. I just have food to get now but far too early for that. I kind of lost track a bit with DS finishing school and did not get to sort out as much junk from drawers as I wanted but overall, the house is clean, decorated and looking good.
Puppy took up a lot of time- he was not here last year. We still had our previous dog who was all grown and took up a lot less time- he was also not prone to eating, chewing and running off with things like puppy. Merlin (puppy) is a total joy and we love him to bits but he takes up a LOT of time- he is nearly 8 months old now. He is a Dobermann and they take a long time to mature into sensible, responsible family members. This year I have been side tracked by having to check every 5 minutes what mischief he is into now!

We still have to get the Wishing Tree gifts- but DS likes to choose for a boy and girl his age and we will do that this week.
I also have to go and print a photo of puppy wearing Santa Hat and collar to send to his breeder for Christmas to see how he has grown. I could do this today but as it is the weekend parking will be difficult if not impossible and I can wait til tomorrow.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Only wrapping left to do are ds' gifts that will be delivered this week. All floors are washed. need to take out my 'timeline' and figure out some meals for the few days before NY's Eve when my family will get here. I know I'm missing ham for the sandwiches and for a casserole.

Need to check on the freezer to see what's in there.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've got one last gift to order today, so that's good. I got all my clothes boxed last night, so they are ready to wrap. I've not wrapped one thing..and that's sad, but it is, what it is, so I'm not fretting...at least yet!