Week Five - House Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have no guest areas to clean and I have already decorated for Fall, so I am going to focus on the jobs I didn't finish last week.

To Do:

mop the floors in the kids' rooms
change over to winter bedding
make Christmas cards

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
wow we are on week 5 and I have done NOTHING. Honest i don't have many excuses so i need to get going.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do not have room for guests. They stay at the nearest Inn. I think the rooms will be done without me. lol With DD here we just can not handle overnight guests.

I need to do some decluttering and decorating for fall. I did pick up a pack of gloves (latex and powder free) for making Halloween treat bags like we did for last year. I did pick up rings last year on sale.
http://queenscardcastle.blogspot.com/2012/10/hello-my-friends-hope-your-monday-is.html

I will probably have one of DD friends come to help fill the gloves and then she can take some home too.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
I'm still finishing up some things from last week and will decorate for fall (inside, outside was done last weekend).

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I got the floors mopped in the kid's rooms.

One thing crossed off my list. :rolleyes:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hello,

I'd like to join you here. I like having accountability because it's so easy for me to get sidetracked.

Originally, I was going to do the HGP. However, I forgot that last year I signed up to receive Houseworks Holiday Plan. The emails have been coming in each week and I've been trying to work on them as best as I can.

We don't have overnight guests so this week I've been working on getting the first floor rooms decluttered and cleaned. The fall/Halloween decor is done. The only thing that I have yet to do is address the Christmas cards. I usually do that while watching television at night. It's just been so busy in the evenings that I haven't had time to do the cards.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I usually do that while watching television at night. It's just been so busy in the evenings that I haven't had time to do the cards.
I know what you mean!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Welcome Holiday Mom!!

I am glad you are joining us.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am glad I didn't have much to do this week, because I have been so busy.

I decided to hold off on putting my winter bedding on - it has warmed up, so I am going to wait.

I haven't gotten any Christmas cards made - maybe tomorrow.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Its been quiet here on the House & Home front. Have been preparing for my trip this coming week. My guest room is still in great shape and ready to go so I've spent the week continuing in my office as that is the spot that needs the most work - -and I need that paper organized for my trip. I'm really getting my digital system down and loving it. More paper to go but the pile is going down! And as the pile goes away, so does my stress!

I am not going to worry about cards. The kids and I have created this little tradition over the last couple years where we sit down in early December in front of the fire, with a Christmas movie going and some cocoa and we slam out all the cards. My youngest puts on the stamps. It really only takes a couple hours with all three of us working on it. I do need to start the letter that goes with though and get the photo taken so I can order the cards. Next step is to pick out what kind of photo we want to do.

Welcome Holiday Mom! :)