Week Fourteen - Decor Storage

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Hard to believe we are into week 14!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My focus this week is baking and wrapping.

I need to get a package ready to be mailed and my laundry room ceiling is full of cobwebs.

Maybe I can get my tall son to take care of those. :D

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished what I wanted to do last week (ham, chicken, bacon/sausages all ready & frozen). Christmas cards are all adressed and stamped, just need to mail them from town... grrr! they drive me nuts here at the local post office.

So this week (or rather next weekend) will be wrapping. we do have a Christmas party too on Saturday night. And from then on it'll be maintenance.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Lucie - I have had nothing but problems with my local post office since we moved here. I always go to the city to mail anything.

After dinner I got a batch of fudge made that is going into a package that I am mailing.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My cards are posted! (except 2 that I am waiting for their address). Hoping none of them will be sent back.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Whew, still recovering from last week.

This week I plan to hang wreaths outside and to do some more shopping and decorating.

I've started wrapping. I will continue to wrap as I shop and as the items are delivered.

Mary

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Great plan Holiday MOM

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
DD got the second batch of fudge made for the package we are sending.

I really need to start wrapping. :eek:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
A double batch of cookie dough is chilling in the fridge - we will be baking tomorrow night.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I've been online shopping this week. Big improvement in my timing this year but I think I've figured out how I can do even better next year now that I figured out those Amazon Prime settings. It will be like my own little online Gift Closet.

Can't believe it is already Thursday! Boxes won't get put away til this weekend but am thankful I got the attic decluttered this past year. That is really helping. Cards? Lordy i have to get DD to help us get moving on that.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I got the cookies baked tonight, but will decorate them tomorrow - I am not feeling well this evening.

I am planning on getting lots of stuff done tomorrow when I get home from work.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Got a lot done this evening:

decorated 5 dozen cookies
got a small pkg ready to be mailed
wrote out last 3 cards just need to get some photos printed tomorrow to go inside and then they can be mailed

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Christmas Party is tonight. This year I'm road-tripping to it but have to bring a lot of the Christmas boxes out of my attic. So the attic is pretty much completely unloaded. I'll be putting all that away early next week. But the boxes are cleaned out of the living room and rest of the house.

Ordered DH's big present yesterday for store delivery. Now I can stop worrying about that one selling out. I love the convenience of online shopping but it sure isn't as festive as in-person shopping. Especially since I'm matching it up against an Excel Spreadsheet. Looking forward to leisurely Christmas shopping in the next week or two for the smaller little impulse items knowing I won't be under the pressure of things that I HAVE to find.

Need to pack my shoeboxes (one for each person) to see how I'm doing for space on the stuffers.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Cindylouwho - I did 80% of my shopping online this year and loved it!! So convenient.

I got a fair amount done today, but still have lots to do.

The package to be mailed to my in-laws is done and ready to go. I got the pictures printed this morning, put in the last two cards and they will be mailed tomorrow along with the two packages.

The dough for sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies are in the fridge chilling. I will be baking those tomorrow.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Must finish writing the Christmas cards. I am very late with them this year. They will definitely be out before Christmas.