Week One: I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This week we will discuss white color schemes, ornament ideas, snow things too will work this week. If you have ideas for 'white parties" post them here!! Happy July!!

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Happy July, Gingerbug.

I´ve found some adorable stars and angels in white on this
site

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I know some of you have seen this ornament in the past when I made them but I thought they were fitting for this topic. I will put the pictures on my blog.

You take a glass ornament and spray the inside with some spray adhesive or I used the clear acrylic sealer gloss (some people use floor wax) and then I put in the snow and shook it around and shook out the excess. Also did them using different colored glitter.

Last edited:

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I love those stars made from music sheets! Great site, Basket, thanks for sharing.

Left a comment on your blog, Lana, I'm planning to make glitter ornaments as well. Hadn't thought about using snow - another craft idea to bookmark.

Nanato3

Retire Member
May 19, 2013
Garland, TX
Basket - that is a wonderful site and the ornaments would be so easy to make. Thanks for sharing
Lana - I have pinned some instructions for the glass ornaments, using floor wax. I think i would like to use the snow, that was an awesome look for them

I am leaning towards a white Christmas theme this year with a little red thrown in. Can't wait to see more ideas.

Eddie

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
Nanato3: I like the all white with a touch of red idea.

I can't wait to see what's to come.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
she has some cute white decorations and instructions for a wreath from gumballs painted white. http://www.320sycamoreblog.com/2011/12/sweet-gum-wreath.html

I have a small white tree in the kitchen w/ fiber optic lights and I have red/black themed ornaments (mostly balls or candy canes) b/c it matches my kitchen. THis year I got a big white tree at a yard sale. If I can find where to put it I would like to put my snowman on/with it. Just realized the boy small tree for the hall is white w/ blue lights. Their ornaments are so colorful I like the simpleness of the white tree.