Week Seventeen - Celebration Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Today is my big holiday house cleaning.

I will dust, vacuum & mop the entire house and clean the bathrooms. The dog's beds need to be washed and I will have a mountain of laundry to do.

I need to make a list of the items that have to be picked up from the grocery store on Tuesday - the kids can pick them up for me while I am at work.

The kids will take a trip to the bottle depot tomorrow to get rid of two bags worth of cans & bottles.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Revving up my energy to go pry the theft-proof packaging off some of the stocking stuffers. Where did I put the wire cutters and hack saw? ;)

Tomorrow is trash day so I want to be sure we clear out as much as we can so there is lots of room to load those bins AFTER Christmas.

Have a few more items to wrap.

Shifting focus now to groceries for Christmas dinner (Prime Rib).

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My house is clean!!

We just need to do minimum maintenance for the rest of the week.

Yippee!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We're in the final few days!

Grocery shopping is done! Those last minute cookies are baked. I need to organize the baked goods that will be given as gifts on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. A few small items need to be wrapped.

I, too, made sure that trash and recycling got put out tonight for tomorrow morning's pick up. We'll need all the space we can get for recycling and trash this week.

Tomorrow is a cleaning day since my children are on break now. If time permits, I'll also try to do any early food preparation that can be done.

Mary

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to pick up a few things for dinner on tuesday and I really need to plan out what I'm fixing on Wednesday. Just appetizers that day but I've been putting it off.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
The stocking stuffers are unwrapped and lined up (each person has their own shoebox in my closet).

Roast has been ordered for DH to pick up tomorrow. Grocery shopping today. Neighborhood party this afternoon.

Have to make an unexpected Costco stop for a gift that the kids decided YESTERDAY that they want to give their Dad for Christmas. It is probably sold out. I will be there when the door opens and sprint for it so I don't get caught in the mayhem. (Of course 500 other people will probably have that same idea today). I remember what DH said about the day before Thanksgiving so I plan to be fast.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The kids will be vacuuming and dusting the upstairs, I have wiped down the bathrooms. Mr. Turkey is in the fridge thawing. A quick trip to the store for a couple of items will happen this afternoon.

I think we are ready!!!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
We are ready here too! Have to help the kids wrap a couple of their gifts for Dad, and start setting up for Santa. Some last minute drop-offs for families in need that I wish wish wish I had known about earlier. Gotta make it happen though.

I'm in a good place though. You on this site have been so wonderful! I love all the support I get here and it has literally made a huge change in our holidays over the years. Thank you!

Right now I feel like the elves in "Prep and Landing" and I'm checking my gear before take-off! :) I think we'll watch that this afternoon. (If you haven't seen it, rent it today!)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Yay for being ready, Cindylouwho!!

We love Prep and Landing!!