Week Six - Wardrobe

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Last week was pretty easy for me, but now I need to get busy this week!!

I need to organize my sewing basket, laundry room shelves and the kids closets. I am not looking forward to the kids closets as they want to keep everything even though they don't wear half the clothes they own.

I need to book the kids's photo session. The place we usually go to closed, but now they are saying only temporarily. I don't know how long that will be, so I will have to find someplace else to go.

I need to make a list of needed clothing items - we all need socks, but I am sure there is more.

I need to get the kids to start their gifts lists and I also have to get started on making Christmas cards.

I better get busy!!

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm off of print this week's blessings to do.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Doh! This is the week I really need! And I'll be gone all week. Will have to double up next week. I think I'll leave the kids an assignment to make a list of clothes they need. They are in pretty good shape as I tackled much of it at back-to-school time. My own closet and DH's on the other hand needs some updating. I seriously need some new clothes -- especially with my weight loss -- I'm kinda between sizes and I'm trying for a few more pounds down so I'm hesitating to go shopping. Maybe I should get my butt outside and work off those few more pounds a little faster!!

Also, while I have no problem picking things out and spending on the kids but I do not do the same for myself. I often find myself just making do. I've been trying to get better about that over the last year and try to now choose things with more style rather than something that will just work. Come on -- I used to be a career girl in suits and heels! I can DO this! Having a teenage daughter now has nudged me to up my game a bit. I keep telling myself not to be a "shlumpadinka" (remember we talked about that last year on these threads -- Oprah did that show for us moms who let things go and stopped making an effort on their appearance? I was totally guilty of that a few years ago -- pony tail and a hat everywhere I went! :) Yep -- I need Wardrobe Week!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
How is everyone doing this week?

I got my sewing basket cleaned out and organized as well as my laundry room shelves. I have a few laundry supplies that I need to buy, so there are now on my grocery list.

The kids have SLOWLY started working on their closets, I think they are going to need some help from Mom.

I have asked the kids to started thinking about their gifts lists and they did mention a few things they want, I have thought of a few more ideas, so not doing to bad in that area.

Still have a few more things to do, but happy with my progress so far this week.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am so proud of DD!! She went through her closet and drawers and has a garbage full of stuff to donate - yay!!

She also came up with a gift list - she usually doesn't have one because she never knows what she wants.

DS and I will be attacking his closet this afternoon whether he likes it or not!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This weekend we are having guests, but I'm thinking next weekend ds's closet...

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I headed into DS's room when I got home from work and he reluctantly followed insisting that his closet was fine.

Out came a BIG bag for donation, a BIG bag of stuff to be used as rags and a BIG bag that went straight to the garbage.

Not bad for a closet that was fine.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I will add my winter clothes to my closet around November-December and put away the super summery stuff. I keep the clothes pretty organized and get rid of stuff all the time since I like to get new stuff each season and space is limited.

The coat closet was cleaned out weeks ago. We don't have many heavy articles of clothing here but I did get rid of some old blazers and things I haven't worn in a while.

Outfits for Christmas-last year I wore nice shorts and t-shirt since it was warm. I usually like a nice outfit for when we go out to one of our favorite clubs with musician friends during the holiday season, but I have enough things to choose from.

I am done shopping for DS. DD only wants 2 dvd's, Beauty & the Beast and Pinocchio or Little Mermaid. I got her Cinderella for her birthday. I always just find interesting stuff I like for her when I'm out shopping so I can pick up a few more things. Nieces and nephews get money. DH and I are getting a new TV for the bedroom and moving our big flat screen from our bedroom into the living room, and moving the old living room tv into the new guest bedroom. So not a lot of gift shopping to be done at this point.

Once I get past this next weekend with the sister vacation, I can get really get back to holiday planning fun! Oh, and if work gives me a break once in a while too! It is sucking the life out of me right now, lol.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I headed into DS's room when I got home from work and he reluctantly followed insisting that his closet was fine.

Out came a BIG bag for donation, a BIG bag of stuff to be used as rags and a BIG bag that went straight to the garbage.

:

So glad it was fine. You'd have broken your back carrying stuff out if it was horrible. lol

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sounds like much has been accomplished! It's always a great feeling!

I went through the closets and drawers in September. We had a weekend away and the weather was going to be cool. We brought out the fall clothes then.

Ironically, the weather got warmer and I find it hard to write out Christmas cards when it is warm. I think I may just have to wait a couple more weeks.

Our coat closet is in decent shape. I need to clean the laundry area still. I hope to get to that on Saturday. I'll also make a list of shoe sizes and clothes sizes for Christmas outfits.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
DS and I were talking about his gift list last night and he was kind of enough to go to my Amazon account and put a bunch of things into my wish list. Now, all I have to do is pick what I want to get him and place the order.

Love that!!

I bought him another present while in town today. DD had a list written down and now can't find it. She is trying to remember what she wrote down.

Silly girl!!