Week Sixteen - Nearly There

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Glad to see you can post again Mel.

Have 1 gift left to deliver. low maintenance this week here too. will need to prep stuff to go to mom's for Christmas. still haven't received ds's gift and will need to wrap that.
Have some cooking to do.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
House:
Minimum Maintenance -- We are there. All is good.
Delegate chores -- Just cracked down with the 10-minute pickups yesterday for the kids.

Holiday:
Christmas Activities - Make them happen! (Nativity scene playing nearby, movies, etc)
Finish DH's stocking - his is only one not done.
Get DD's big gift - Inspiration, please come!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Since dh is off work this week, I got him to wash the fridge in the basement and the jenn-air :) :)

And he will prep a big oignon soup tomorrow and most of it will get frozen.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am so glad I got everything ready for Christmas before DD's surgery. Taking care of her is a full time job!!

I am doing minimum maintenance around the house.

I have to start making my master grocery list for Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner items. The sales flyers will be emailed to me on Friday and then I can figure out what I am buying from where.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menus have been finalized and a master grocery list has been made.

I am getting hungry. :D

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Kids get out of school today. I'm not as done as I was last year. (Need to change up a few things next year).

As of today:
Stuffers finished
Shopping 98% done
More than half of gifts wrapped and under tree
House is still with 1 hour of perfect (meaning it is a wreck but can be fixed in under an hour)

Left to do:
Pick up 2 big gifts (DD's and the big gift Grampa wants me to handle) which require decisions by DH and me.
Order the Christmas roast today.
Load photos for Grampa to see on Christmas Day
Decide on Christmas breakfast since DH has to be somewhere on Christmas Day so the morning gift opening will be VERY early.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I hosted a gathering earlier in the week. The house has been maintained since then. I have been making sure everyone goes through the rooms before bed and picks up their things. I've also been making sure the jobs are getting done daily. I am seriously wondering why I haven't been doing this before. It makes the house look so much more manageable.

I have to go through the grocery store flyers for our Christmas Eve menu. Dh and I finalized it last night.

One child starts Christmas break at 3 pm today. My other start on Tuesday at 3 pm. This weekend homework should be light and we will be baking cookies and wrapping gifts.

Thanks for sharing what you are doing. It helps me.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
ALL gifts are wrapped. Wrapping stuff has been put away. Cooking is done too for now.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I went to a couple of grocery stores today and started buying the items needed for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

The rest of the list is for fresh items - produce etc. which I will probably pick up on Tuesday.