Week Thirteen - Entry Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do need to tidy up the front porch. Even if it is below 20 degrees.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished decorating! there are a few things I'd like to change and if I do, I do if not it'll get done next year. Next weekend I want to make a big batch of spaghetti sauce. Need to address cards too now that I've got all the addresses (except 1). Might start wrapping next weekend too.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I think the front porch light needs to get cleaned. If I recall, it has dead bugs in it. I'll have to Windex the windows on the front door. The front porch and walkway needs to be swept. We've gotten a cold front so I'll check and see which of the next few days will be the warmest.

I need to clean out our entry closet. It has costumes hanging in it that still need to be put away. I want to make sure we have enough hangers in our entry closet for our guests to hang their coats.

I'll work on Thanksgiving dinner prep like chopping up celery and onions. I'll double check that the serving dishes and serving spoons are all ready. I can't forget to defrost the turkey!

Holiday Prep - Write cards; work on finishing Christmas shopping list; find Advent box;check Christmas lights to make sure they work (A week before Christmas we set the lights on the tree, plugged them in and voila! Nothing. All the lights were burnt out. Learned lesson from last year - check much earlier while Christmas lights are still available. I had a difficult time finding lights at that point. I had to call my parents to see if they were able to find anything in their neck of the woods.)

Mary

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have a new mat for the front door to put down. I swept the steps and landing and DS cleaned out the leaves.

The only thing I need to do inside is declutter a bin of various office supplies etc.

I will buy my Christmas stamps when I go to town Wednesday after work and mail my Christmas cards then.

I need to get started on baking and this weekend I will be decorating!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I decrapified 3 bins of office supplies.

How many paper clips and staplers does one family need?

:D :D

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
LOL! Decrapified... telling it like it is. LOL!

I spent the last few days just prepping the food for Thursday. Serving dishes are ready. The front porch and walk way are swept but I still need to work on the light fixture, the closet and the serving spoons tomorrow.

Realistically, the holiday prep work won't get started until Saturday.

Mary

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I went to the post office this evening and mailed my Christmas cards!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The kids and I moved the furniture and pulled out the bins of decorations - the decorating starts tomorrow when I get home from work!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I still have a few garden items that need to come in. Mainly because it makes it easier to clear the sidewalks with them in the garage.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Happy2beme -- You sent your Christmas Cards! High Five! Haven't even ordered mine yet or chosen the photo. Thinking I will turn this job over to DD this year (at least to pick the photos).

For this week I got some done on the "inside" of the entries but will hit the outside when my wreaths come in that I ordered from the Boy Scouts. They should be in this week. Then I'll be cleaning up those doorways and knocking down the webs.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My entire house is decorated!!!!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I bought the last 3 presents I needed to get!!

Now, I have to start wrapping it all.

Yikes!!!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Tree is up and decorated! Living room is still buried in boxes. Did a round-up of summer items around the entries. More to go but it is a start. A truckload of items in my Amazon shopping card. About ready to pull the trigger on it.