Week Thirteen - Entry Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am so glad to have these lists. I had an relative who died this past week after a unexpected illness. These last few weeks have been a whirlwind and I have not kept up with the plan.

We are hosting Thanksgiving and then leaving for a weekend away. I'll look back on what I missed and see what is most important for this week and take it from there.

I hope everyone has a productive week!

Mary

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Mary,

I am so sorry for your loss.

:grouphug:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mary, sorry for your loss.

I need to make more space in my entry closet. I am wrapping and baking this week and finalizing my christmas gift list...

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Sorry for your loss Holiday_Mom.

I have to work Monday - Wednesday so I will do my cooking in stages each evening. That way I am not in the kitchen all day Thursday and can enjoy time with my family. I cleared some of my fall decor to make way for areas that will be used as food stations. Plus it will be less for me to take down when I start to put up Christmas decorations.

As for my entryway, the only thing I need to do is move some of my coats from the coat closet to the hall closet.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have 12 days starting tomorrow to get all of my Christmas prep done. I have set Saturday, December 6th as the deadline. My daughter's surgery is Thursday, December 11th and so far that week, we have appointments every day. I have to be ready!!

Some of the tasks are date specific and some are random. Whatever I don't get done this week, will go onto the next week's list.

Here is the master list in random order:

purchase containers to pack cookies for shipping - DONE
fix or replace outside strand of lights that aren't working - DONE
take pics of kids and dog and print for family cards - DONE
write letter for Aunt's card - DONE
bake, bake, bake
complete outdoor decorating - DONE
complete indoor decorating - DONE
mail cards - DONE
wrap presents and prepare pkg to be mailed to in laws
mail pkg to in laws
DS complete wrapping - DONE
DD to purchase and wrap last gift - Dec. 9th

I can do it!!!!

Last edited:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Holiday-Mom, sorry to here that. Yes, the lists do help don't they, when too much other stuff is going on. At least you don't have to figure out what you missed. I hope you are managing okay. Was it a close relative?

Here is what I have on the list this week:

Entry Space Week (11/24/2014)-- THANKSGIVING & TREE

Thanksgiving -- Full prep and cooking starts today.
Tree Hunt is the day after Thanksgiving
Bring out decorations.
Confirm party details for next week
Finalize kid lists & do major Cyber Shopping this weekend
Status check. On the 12/1, review where you are with holiday prep.
Package send-away gifts for mailing. Be ready to mail send-away gifts by next week.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have managed to get a few things done this week.

All wrapping and shopping is done except for one item. It is a DVD that won't be released until December 9th. We will pick it up and wrap it on that day.

I was able to get some great pictures of the kids and the dog this afternoon. I went to Walmart tonight and got them printed for the family cards.

I have all the containers I need for the baked goods that will go into the in law's package. I made cookie dough tonight and will bake the cookies tomorrow for their package.

I am getting there, but still have a lot to do.