Week Three - Me & Mine

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
I'm glad the cleaning portions match up for both plans this week. Gives me more of a chance to get it done.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My tasks for this week are:

Master Bedroom
- declutter
- clean
- organize
- decorate

I also need to:
- inventory card making supplies
- inventory gift wrapping supplies
- reorganize Christmas card list
- plan pampering sessions
- inventory containers for food gifts

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm doing stuff but just not in the right order :)

Right now I deep-cleaned the basement bathroom & am trying to deep-clean dd's bedroom.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Here is what I have underway for Week 3. Much to do and honestly this is the first day I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Its Sept 19 so that is pretty good for me. Usually I am starting to stress by the 10th! :) But oh so much better to be stressing now than in December!

I just have to focus on some of my "everyday life" to-dos and get them complete and off my list today. They are nagging at me. School papers to sign, business calls to return, appointments to make, kid social/sports calendar to keep up with... The little things pile up and pull me in 200 different directions and then I can't THINK. Been there? ;-)

Here's the list:

Declutter, clean and organize the Master Bedroom.

Spruce up the Master Bedroom

Tackle the clothes closet.

Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies.

Make a Christmas card list.

Update computer address book for Christmas cards.

Print address labels for Christmas cards.

Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters.

Plan personal pampering sessions, and add them to December's calendar.

Set up the gift closet -- inventory any previously-purchased gifts.

Catch-up:
1. Pick up paint samples for Kitchen Cabinets
2. Curtains in Living Room
3. Discuss "Gifts to Make" list with kids.
4. Finish uploading calendar program and new software. (Be ready for Windows 8!)

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
How is everyone doing? I'm finding the Master Closet painful! LOL! Am doing a little every day to force myself through it. I found CEO's article on it to be spot-on - lots of sentimental stuff ends up in there. Yyyyyyyyup!

I have lots of shelves in our closet (a walk-in) and it is the family catch-all. Being the access to the attic doesn't help as stuff piles there on their way to the attic. And stuff comes out of the attic on their way elsewhere!

Did a road-trip to Ikea yesterday and bought white bins ($5) to help contain the odds and ends and decided I needed some big white Rubbermaid Tubs to store seasonal clothing. I decided white would blend in with the background, look clean and somewhat disappear (as opposed to the mismatched blue ones I'm using now which really stand out). Called everywhere though and haven't found them. Which means.....dum dum dum...The Container Store. Yikes that place is expensive! Maybe I can find a promo code. However, I know their shelving sale is going on now (I usually try to pick up a rack or two of Elfa shelving every year in Sept/Oct to add to my closets. It builds up over time without bankrupting me all at once. One thing I like about them is they keep the closet measuremnts on file and I can go in any time and ask to add a rack to such-and-such closet and they pull it right up in their system. Pretty slick. DD's closet gets the shelf this year.)

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Hi Cindylouwho. Hope you can find your bins and at a good price.

My master bedroom closets are in pretty good shape right now. I store only my winter clothes/shoes in them so I haven't had to go in there all summer except to recently add a new pair of shoes/boots. But ask me this question again in a month or so and it will be a different story. LOL I did change the window curtains to some heavier ones because the nights have been really chilly. I also put out some fall candles, decorated my little mantle and pulled out my bed comforter.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Here is where I ended up this week. A lot done but they don't necessarily match what was on the list. The closet was the hardest part but I had some big epiphanies about the "stuff" I keep in there thanks to CEO's wisdom. I had tons of photos and family history in there. I removed all that, boxed wedding stuff from years ago into one of those nice white boxes from Ikea (getting more of those - they look nice), and decided I'm going to take all those photos and go digital. So they are boxed in a different room and awaiting the super-scanner to be invented to allow me to do that without going broke! Meanwhile my current high speed scanner is getting the journals I've had since college.

DONE:
Decluttered clean and organized the Master Bedroom -- much done. More can happen.
Spruce up the Master Bedroom decor - Got some new items.
Tackle the clothes closet - It almost sucked me in. Reclaimed some drawers. Found the floor.
Make a Christmas card list. -- Done!
Update computer address book for Christmas cards - Ready to go!
Print address labels for Christmas cards. - Found a BUNCH! Sweet! Done!
Set up the gift closet -- Have a locking bin - need to inventory.
Finished up much cleaning in the house. The kids were a great help!

Catch-up:
1. Pick up paint samples for Kitchen Cabinets - (Not done but found the color match for this)
2. Curtains in Living Room (Not done but they are now "in" the living room)
3. Discuss "Gifts to Make" list with kids.
4. Finish uploading calendar program and new software. (Be ready for Windows 8!)
5. Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies.
6. Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters. - This is a problem area for me.
7. Plan personal pampering sessions, and add them to December's calendar. (Right.)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The only thing I got done last week was decluttering and organizing my bedroom closet.

I am really behind, but will catch up when I can.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I did not finish the closet last week...I am hoping to get it done before DH returns from his 2-week business trip to China - wouldn't that be an awesome welcome home surprise? Part of my problem is that at least 60% of the stuff in there is his - makes it very tough to purge without him.

My card list is done, but I still have to decide on a card layout and schedule a date for the boys' picture to be taken.

I did take inventory of gifts/stocking stuffers that I've already purchased and I am in better shape than I thought...my 5 godchildren are done, most of the stockings and my Christmas Boxes are almost done. I haven't really started shopping for DH or the boys yet - they change their minds so frequently. I also took advantage of a sale at Target on iTunes gift cards and stocked up for the babysitters, and other teens on my list.

Whew - making progress...but probably not enough! ;)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
OK, I am seriously far behind, but I got everything done.

My bedroom has been decluttered, cleaned and organized.

Christmas card list has been updated and a few names have been crossed off.

Card making and wrapping supplies are together and in one place - ready for when I need them.

Yay me!!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Good job, Mel! :)