Week Two: JAN 8-14 KITCHEN

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Ok for the little mini JumpStart January it's KITCHEN week. I got a little start on it yesterday but there's still plenty to do. I'm sorry to say I still have Christmas dishes out that need to be housed in proper places!!

[X] Clean out spice cabinet

[X] Clean out freezer on fridge

[X] Clean out fridge

[X] Clean out junk drawer

[X] Take glasses to storage

[ ] Put away remaining unboxed Christmas glassware

[ ] Put away snowmen plates and serving trays in proper places

[X] Wash and put away remaining cookie containers

[ ] Put away remaining Christmas decor

[ ] Sweep and Mop floor

[ ] Clean out pantry

[X] Hang wooden shelf

[ ] Clean drawers in white dresser

WHEW.....I don't know if I can get this all done....but I hope to mark off many!!

:clothes:

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
My On Going List ...

JANUARY 1st – 7th
PACK AWAY CHRISTMAS ... details and tips will be posted to get Christmas 2011 packed away RIGHT!
January 1 - 7, 2012
De-decorated kitchen, living room, outside
Went through items to donate or toss out
Dusted book shelves, TV stand, pictures etc
Put out the stuff we put away to put out Christmas décor

JANUARY 8th-14th
Let's get the Kitchen in Order
(This is one of the busiest places during the holidays so let's get it back in shape, store away holiday dishes, and use up some left over ingredients in our menu planning)
January 8 - 14
Kitchen Surfaces/ Kitchen Inside Cabinets & Such
Wash down all fronts of cabinets
Wash down frig, stove, micro, dishwasher
Wash down all counter tops
Organize Cabinets Under: Sink, By Stove, By phone, Micro cart
Organize Cabinets Upper: Sink, By Stove, By phone, Above frig
Clean out frig and wipe down
Wipe out stove
Clean inside dishwasher w/vinegar rinse
Wipe out microwave
=======================================================
January 9, 2012
Computer Desk Area/ Craft/ School Room
Go through desk drawers
Dust and organize the pile of paper crap by the computer
Air blow out inside of computer ... hubby helps
Go through filing cabinet, organize the home school files
Go through shelves above the computer, organize, give away (contains books, Christmas bags, boxes of stuff)
Go through book cases, organize, give away
Organize under large craft table ... my Christmas present hiding place!
Organize, closet, give away unused items (contains craft stuff and stuff-stuff)
Dust everything else
Go over bulletin boards and take off old news
Vacuum

JANUARY 15th-21st
Make your Bedroom an Oasis ... Let's focus on cleaning, de-cluttering and making our bedrooms warm and cozy for the rest of the winter months!!!

JANUARY 22nd-28th
Living Room Options ... let's clean and organize either your living room or family room....which ever one serves as the center of family life.
Winter is here so let's be able to relax and watch some movies in a clean and calm area of the home!!

JANUARY 29th-February 4th
Organizing the Office
(or craft area or even file cabinets or desk ... whatever you have that serves as your center for bills, planning etc.)

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
My kitchen needs a little tender loving care. Some of the tiles have started to come up. I had to go to the rental office so that someone can come and fix/replace them. Also, two days before Christmas my dishwasher decides it doesn't want to drain the water. Maintenance has yet to come and take care of that issue. I still have water sitting in the bottom of the dishwater.

Other than that, the kitchen has been cleaned and everything has been put away. I didn't even use my Christmas dishes this year. I found some really cute poinsettia paper plates at Dollar Tree and decided to use those instead. I will be pulling out my dishes though next year. I like to use the real thing. ;)

Oh, I almost forgot. I received some really nice pots for Christmas from Ikea. I love them. I threw out all of my old pots. Yaaay!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Lol

Just remembered I still have my holiday rugs on the kitchen floor. LOL

I did the same thing! I put everything away and like a day (or two) later ... I realized the Christmas rug in front of the stove is still there! I laughed at myself. It's by the washing now ... waiting to be cleaned then put away!
:snowman2:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Me too Aggy! I noticed the Holiday rug in my bedroom this week! It is now in the basement (will go in the attic at another time to join the rest of the Christmas stuff).

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
The rug we used by the back door will remain down till Spring(with washings in between). As it is a snowman theme so will work for Winter also.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Look at you guys...You're all rug girls. I don't have a holiday rug. It's about the only thing holiday I don't have..LOL

I'm going to go upstairs and clear one cabinet right now. It's crazy in my cabinets right now. I can't find anything!!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
LOL. My kitchen rugs will stay until this weekend when I do laundry.

Maintenance finally came while I was at work today. I guess they couldn't fix whatever is causing the water not to drain in my dishwasher because there's still water inside. I hope that means that they will be bringing me a new dishwasher (fingers crossed)

My kitchen is very dated (60's). The only way I can get an updated kitchen is if I move into a newer unit but I don't want to move. I love the building I live in and my neighbors are the best.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Since I'm doing Christmas Pack Away, I'm going to go ahead and put my list here this week:

[] Pack ornaments on family tree
[] Pack family tree
[] Pack ornaments on B&W tree
[] Pack B&W tree
[] Rubberband wrapping paper
[] Go through ribbon boxes and tap and pin closed
[] Go through tag and bag boxes to clear out and organize
[] Pack ornaments on my desk
[] Get BH to sign the rhino ornament and pack
[] Put Aprons up in closet
[] Wrap up extra ornaments for donation

Be back with more, but I'll start there.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
LOL...rugs and towels are always hard for me to remember!

Everyone is making progress....I still have Christmas in the kitchen...hope to finish that this weekend!!

:tree:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Forgot the Christmas pillowcases in the kid's beds too... I'll go put them in the wash right away.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I am going to try to do a full blown house cleaning this time around! This week I am cleaning the craft room, it is going well but slow, had my nephew 3 days this week plus sporting events. Hope to get it done by tomorrow, want to start on the bathroom on Sunday. I have started at the back of the house and working my way forward, by the time I get to the sunporch I hope it is warmer...

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oops!! It's the 14th, and I haven't even thought about Kitchen week!!

Luckily, the kitchen's in pretty good shape at the moment :)

So today, it's really just putting things away. I need to wash the cupboard doors... they need it.

Oh, and give the floor a mop. That's pretty much it for me.

Earlier this week, I moved the microwave off it's spot on the counter. It's now sitting on the old TV stand which isn't needed at the moment. There is so much more space now and it looks a lot nicer. The TV cabinet is just a temporary solution until I get a new buffet. Then I can get a microwave stand to match :) (we're talking months... maybe a couple of years away though... )