Weekly Craft Challenge - 03/09 - 03/15

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I hope no one minds but I'm going to go ahead and post the craft challenge for the week.

> Spend 1 hour this week working on gifts from your gift list.
> Sepnd 15 minutes working a craft for yourself.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Here's my list for the week.

[ ] Finish Afghan 1 of 3
[ ] Work on DH's Afghan (It's also an UFO from last year)
[ ] Crochet one dishcloth for myself

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hope to try this week to:

Finish 1 of the 2 crocheted scarfs needed for nieces for Christmas

Try to work on my skill at reading the pattern and trying a crocheted Christmas Tree with thread

I have seldomly posted on this BUT maybe I NEED to see the words on screen and hold myself to them!

jmgconner

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
Thanks for getting us started this week!

I get to skip a few steps this week. The quilt that I planned on JUST looking for ideas has the entire top finished, as well as prairie points! I can't believe how quickly it has come together!

[ ] One hour of cross-stitching
[ ] Sandwich and pin C's baby quilt

jackie

MHH Member
Jan 15, 2008
I have really been a slacker the past few weeks, and I am paying for it. Today is one of my dneices b-days. I have yet to even cut out the pjs I am making her. :thud: I hope to get that done tonight.

jmg ~ WTG on the quilt top! :applause:

Lana and Dreamer ~ I have crocheting on my list this week too.

[] Cut out nightgown for dneice
[] Sew up nightgown
[] Mail nightgown
[] Mail St. Pattys gifts to dneices and dnephew
[][][][] Crochet 4 dishclothes

Good luck everyone! :leprechaun:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hey Jackie, a question to get another opinion. I do a limited amount of crocheting and when it says sc in 2nd ch from hook, that means not counting loop on hook and going back to the 2nd one right. Had a lady here tell me no. I am wanting to try a Christmas Tree from thread. Normally I do simple scarfs, granny blocks, dishcloths and etc.. I WANT TO GET THE CROCHET BOOK FOR DUMMIES!!!! Hoping to this week.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Well I'm making some progress so far. I finished Afghan number 1 and have started on DH's Afghan!

Lana I know you asked Jackie your question but I have always done it by not counting the loop that's on the crochet hook.

[X] Finish Afghan 1 of 4
[ ] Work on DH's Afghan (It's also an UFO from last year)
[ ] Crochet one dishcloth for myself

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Dreamer, THANKX! That was my thought but like I said I just do simple so figured I didn't even have that right. My grandma taught me the granny block many ages ago. (when I was in grade school. '75 that ended) But I will advance here yet!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I would love to learn SIMPLE crochet stitches to make afghan. But a chain is my extent of crocheting.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Girlsinmo,
I made like 4 scarfs for Christmas and going to do 2 for nieces next yr.. The adults you chain 37 stitches and then come back with a single crochet in each of the 37 and at the end chain 5 then do 2 single crochet stitches in each of those 5 chains. Turn single crochet in each chain again and repeat chain 5 and with 2 sc in each. Continue till length you want. My nieces (3 & 5) I started crocheting it 20 wide and then 4 on ends. Will see. This is smple and everybody seems to like them.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thanks Lana. That's my problem tho I don't understand what a single crochet stitch is or chaining at the end.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I've sprain my silly ankle, so I've not done much on crafts this past week ... but I'll get back to it! I like this accountability!

chick3

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Good for you Lana!

I finished crocheting all the blocks for Dh's Afghan together last night now I just have to weave in all the ends :thud: I was lazy and didn't do that as I went so now I'm paying for it

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I did good this week!

[X] Finish Afghan 1 of 4
[X] Work on DH's Afghan FINISHED IT!!
[X] Crochet one dishcloth for myself

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I have the learn to crochet site in favorites. As soon as I can I will get some yarn and give it a try. Thanks ladies.

Then maybe I can do a 30 day experiment with it. Veiw the 30 day experiments I have going on now in my blog.