Weekly Craft Challenge - 03/30 - 04/05

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, I will just be working on the scarfs. I move so much faster with one color!!!! I am doing like 4 rows of single crochet in one color and then 4 in another so...... I am not sure how to change out without the knots and trying to hide it in.

DH is starting garage so I am helping there so not much extra time in evenings. I do get an hour lunch this week so I get stuff done then.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm making DD a purple crochet monkey. Made one for my niece's baptism and my DD wants one too.

jmgconner

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
No work accomplished last week, so I'm bringing it over to this week.

[X] 1 hour of cross-stitching
[ ] layer and pin-baste quilt

Oh I think is what I might be looking for. I am in need of finishing an afghan, making two dresses for my two daughters. THere is something else I found to do but I haven't started it yet and wont until these things are done. I have had the afghan for almost 5 years now but pregnancies had caused me to put that on the back burner and well I started it up again last year only to rip it all out because I screwed up. But am happy that it is turning out better this time around. Now to just get it done would be nice. Its huge though.

My daughters outfits, I would like to get done before the summer. I started this also about 2 years ago but pregnancy got in the way and well i ripped that out again and started it so as of today I have first row done and need to get a moving. This is all crochet work.

I think i will have to work on getting a list together since I had xmas stuff I wanted to get done as well that never got done.

for now i guess it will be;

[ ] Afghan for house
[ ] DD3's Dress
[ ] DD20month's Dress

Hope this is the right place to put this. Have a great day !

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
My DD5 had her BF over sat night and yesterday they got the idea she would not have to go home if they barricaded themselves in her bedroom which meant anything they could pick up was piled up against the door :rotflol: Most things in tubs and alot of games were dumped- my dd slept on the couch last night and will again tonight- tommorrow my day off will be reorganizing her room :slap: good excuse to get rid of extras!

I was planning on doing a new sew blanket but if I want her to sleep in her room I may not get to it so for this week besides a clean kids room- my hope is:

( ) finish iris fold thank you cards for teachers.

Bambiski

MHH Member
This week, I am hoping to get something actually done. LOL I have fallen so far behind with the little one being so needy of me all the time.
If anyone knows of a site that has some great hints on getting started quilting, I would greatly appreciate it. I figured with the cost of electricity this would be a great gift for some of my loved ones. Thanks in advance!!

Work on 10 dishrags to add to stash ( There never seems to be enough for the ones who want one)
Figure out what quilt I want to do first and start cutting out the pieces.

Hugs,
Bambi

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I don't know why I said Finish cards this week but I did work on them. This will be my goal by end of April- to finish making the cards and make one blanket.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yes, I didn't get anywhere this week. This scarf with the stripes I just rip out and trying to decide the size to make each color........ It is navy/lime and I have to do the other niece a 2 tone purple. The Christmas I did for adults (4) were out of multi colored yarn and you could do one in a couple of days. I JUST HAVE TO BUCKLE DOWN!!!!!!!! Off today but other plans. :sad:

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Twinkle at least you worked on them, that is a good move in the right direction :grin:

Lana your right buckle down and work on them, I'm getting sick of crocheting afghans but still have niece #2's to finish and then niece #3's to do. DH told me last night that if I work hard at them I'll have time to do one each for FIL and MIL! :thud: *huggles* Lana you'll get them done I'm sure.

I have been working on dd3's dress. I am glad I ripped it out and started over. It looks and feels much better than the one I started before. AND I bought those little clips to tell me where I was and a counter. Oh how those clips help me, especially at the end of a row.

way to go with your work girls!!!

Bambiski

MHH Member
Well, I didn't get to work on the quilt. but I did manage to get 8 dishcloths done. Hopefully more this next week.
Bambi :lucky: