Weekly Craft Challenge - 06/15- 06/21

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I wont be crafting this week or for the next few weeks as I fractured my right wrist :argh: and crocheting takes two hands.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Dreamer, So sorry about your wrist. Take it easy and maybe get all your gifts planned out, if you haven't already.

I have some baby gifts to make (make a quilt and 6 burp rags)

work on the quilted star ball ornaments (do 1 1/2)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dreamer, sorry to hear about your wrist. I'm thinking by the end of this week you'll have figured out a way to crochet even with that cast.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Dreamer, how is the wrist feeling?

I did the majority of the burp rags and quilt last night. Had to try it this a.m. and finish were I turned it.

Got the printer set up on this computer and that took about a good 45 minutes or so to HP. Couldn't get ideals printed out or recipes so had to get that done.

Was going to start working on my ball ornaments but DD is working on cutting out material for her 6 blankets that she making for people so will iron for her. She is doing 6" squares 12 rows with 12 blocks. Using all different floral prints. Have ALOT of material from my grandma and mother-in-law and some she got from e-bay. Guess that will still be crafting but not for me. Will help her cuz she will do all the rest with it. (She is almost 21)

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Lana it's severely painful right now, I was trying to open a jar yesterday and felt something "pop" in my wrist and have been in pain ever since. Called the Doc and was told to call orthopedics in an hour. Will update everyone as soon as I know what happened.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Good luck with that wrist.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Well they think that the popping sound was one of the ligaments in the wrist, iced it 20 min on 20 min off all day yesterday and I go to have it resplinted today.

Nurse yelled at me for trying to use it at all so I guess I better not try sticking the crochet hook into the splint to be able to crochet :haha: