Weekly Crafters Challenge - 01/01-06/01

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
:happynewyear:
I am taking on the job of hosting the weekly crafters challenge, new challenges will be posted on Sundays, here is the first one for the new year

Part One : Spend 30 minutes organizing your crafting zone
Part Two : Spend 15 minutes working on your crafting list for the year
Part Three : Spend 15 minutes or more on a craft for yourself

For those of you looking for a simple craft to bring some winter wonderland into your home, here is a link for you

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/seasonal_craft_ideas/56351
:bigsnow:

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
:heartsNY:
Here's my list for the week
Create extra paintings for resource box - 9 of 10 done
Mount paintings for resource box - 9 of 10 done
Create paintings for resource book - Done, just waiting for it all to dry now
Organize painting resource box - so far so good, 1 painting and book to add
Organize crafting supplies and table - Thanks Mom, and yes it will be kept cleaner, thank goodness the painting unit is done
Organize TOPS program stuff - Working on it, I have until Wednessday

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
[/] my new Christmas Notebook and household notebook... I finished both of the covers!
[] dd6 butterfly afghan (unfinished Christmas present... I wrapped it up unfinished)
[] make birthday cards for the year

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Ok this will be an easy week since I have already started and restarted a scarf 12 times in the past two days. :thud: :thud: If I have to take it apart one more time I am throwing it out the window.

[]work on cleaning out and organizing craft closet (need to see what is in there and what I need to buy)
[]work on setting up 2008 notebook (need to get notes out of all sorts of notebooks and get them together)
[] continue to work on 2008 craft list (went thru a couple of books last night so list is getting longer)
[]work on scarf
[] work on moms cross stitch

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Okay, I have no set craft space. My space is wherever I can find room, usually the dining room table.

[ ] Organize and sort out my craft drawers. (I have a plastic two drawer tub)
[x] Make craft list (Done!)
[ ] Spend 15 minutes or more on a project for yourself. (That probably won't happen this week since it's the last week before my DH leaves for a year. But we'll see.)

I have a schedule, sort of, that i've been working on. However, not much is going to start until late next week.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Thanks, Princess! Sweet wreath-I'd like to do one for Valentines-That reminds me-I have a bunch of red bead garland I just took off the tree-I could wrap that around a wreath form with some ribbon! Thanks for the inspiration!

[ ] Organize and sort out my craft area-This could take awhile I'm pretty spread out!
[] Make craft list (UFO's)
[ ] Spend 15 minutes or more on a project for yourself. cards for January and Feb. for myself and DMIL

jmgconner

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
Excellent assignments! Did you sneak into my home and get the idea for assignment #1? hehehe!

[/] Clear and organize sewing/photography desk - half a mark for getting halfway finished today!
[X] Sandwich DD's quilt and pin together

I really hope I find some time and energy to work on this over the weekend!

[] Reallocate space in the guest room for craft supplies, collect said craft supplies from the storage room and put them away.
[] Finally decide if I really 'need' a rolling craft bag/tote and buy one.
[] Go through books and magazines and make list of crafts for 2008.
[] Get busy finishing Quilt that I made MIL for Christmas!
[] Look through Stampin Up Spring/Summer Catalog and find something to order.

That should keep me busy....

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Totally need to clean craft room but have to get Christmas down first.

Crafting this week will be:

working on scarf for my sisters b'day on 1-29
She wanted one for Christmas so she thought she wasn't getting it so hopefully it will surprise her. We don't exchange b'day anymore.

trying to crochet a Christmas Tree Ornament
I haven't really used thread before and then I am reading the pattern! Usually my grandma could look at something and figure it out and then just show me. But I do not have her anymore so I will TRY!!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Quick update. This next scarf is going to be the death of me. I have started, torn apart, restarted probley 6 times now. It's going to take forever at this point. I just keep messing up.

[/]work on cleaning out and organizing craft closet (need to see what is in there and what I need to buy)
[/]work on setting up 2008 notebook (need to get notes out of all sorts of notebooks and get them together)
[/] continue to work on 2008 craft list (went thru a couple of books last night so list is getting longer)
[/]work on scarf

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Oh, thank you ... this sounds great and what a help to have someone write it all out for us!

[] Organize Notebook for ideas and materials to buy (did go to Michael's yesterday and bought some things!) My craft zone is a large table in the computer/junk/craft/sewing room. I'm thankful for that. Mostly have scrapbooking stuff on it.
[] I already have some ideas so I need to write them in the notebook and look on Lion Brand Yarn site for crochet ideas.
[] Hmmm ... you mean I can make something for "ME"? Really! A novel idea. I wanted to make a shrug for me since I made one for a friend for Christmas .... should I? How fun! :haha:

:jumpinghearts: :happynewyear: :jumpinghearts:

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
[] doing this today

[] not sure if i can get this together this week

[] I think I will finish a pair of slippers that I have been working on

My To Do list:
[/] my new Christmas Notebook and household notebook... I stuck the Christmas notebook in my Rudy Day tote but I WILL get to the dividers of my household notebook THIS WEEK!!!
[] dd6 butterfly afghan (unfinished Christmas present... I wrapped it up unfinished)
[] make birthday cards for the year Scrapped... i will sent store bought this year LOL

Ramona, who is about to POP! 4 weeks until BABY!

mom23angels

MHH Member
Jan 2, 2008
This sounds like fun! So this week I wil...

1. spend 30 min. cleaning craft room[done!]desperatly needs it! we moved alot of stuff around to get ready for Christmas and most of it got stuck in there!

2. Spend 15 minutes working on craft list[done!] this will include a list of all notebooks I need to put together

3. Spen 15 minutes on a craft for yourself[spent thirty minutes] a knitted tank top that DH picked out for me :lovestruck:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I finally have the scarf 1/2 done without having to tear it apart again. I am so happy now as long as I can get it done without haveing to restart again.

This year I want to keep track of my total crafting hours. I want to see how many I do in a year.

[/]work on cleaning out and organizing craft closet (need to see what is in there and what I need to buy)
[/]work on setting up 2008 notebook (need to get notes out of all sorts of notebooks and get them together)
[/] continue to work on 2008 craft list (went thru a couple of books last night so list is getting longer)
[/]work on scarf 3.5 hours this week which brings total up to 5.5 for this.

Adding:
[]get fleece for Kenny's teachers baby gift
[] help Kenny make fleece blanket for his teacher

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Way to stick with it, Kim!!

I don't craft as often as I'd like, but this year I'm really going to try to get some things done. Maybe if I stayed off the computer and actually worked at something....

I need to:
gather supplies for a project-mini banner (garland?) for my kitchen...
if that goes well...another one for the living room

I want to use scrapbook paper, stickers and ribbon to make these, and I know that I have a bunch of stuff in the laundry room, so I need to dig out and inventory my supplies, then make a list of what I need to purchase

I'll also work on a list of crafts i want to make for gifts this year-birthday and Christmas mostly.

Great Thread!!! Thanks Princess! Glad to see you! :heartbeat:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Princess_Christmas said:
Here's my list for the week
Create extra paintings for resource box - 8 of 10 done
Mount paintings for resource box - 8 of 10 done
Create paintings for resource book - 10 of 24 done
Organize painting resource box - so far so good, 2 paintings and book to add
Organize crafting supplies and table

This might be a sily question but what is a resource box?

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Quick check in hoping to finish up the scarf tonight or tomorrow. Then on to the fleece blanket to get it done and over with.

[/] continue to work on 2008 craft list (went thru a couple of books last night so list is getting longer) (Found ornament that I am doing for this year now to get the supplies)
[/]work on scarf 4.5 hours this week which brings total up to 6.5 for this.

Adding:
[X]get fleece for Kenny's teachers baby gift
[] help Kenny make fleece blanket for his teacher

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
OK here we go:

Crafting zone - spent 4.5 hours cleaning and organizing craft closet this weekend [DONE]
Crafting list - made ufo list and then pruned it. will make a list for Jan. tonight
Crafting for me - spent a grand total of 3 hrs this week on crochet and cross stitch [DONE]

:happynewyear: