Weekly Crafters Challenge 06/01-12/01

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
:happynewyear:
It looks like everyone is off to a great start, so here's the new weekly challenge.

Part One: Create a shopping list of all supplies needed throughout the year, this way when supplies come on sale, you'll be able to pick them up and have them on hand when they are needed
Part Two: Spend one hour crafting projects from your gift lists
Part three:Spend 15 minutes crafting something for yourself

Project Idea of the week-Christmas card basket
http://www.allfreecrafts.com/christmas/ ... sket.shtml

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
:heartsNY: Here's my list for the week

:pink: Finish paintings for resource box - DONE
:pink: Organize paint drawer in craft box - DONE
:pink: Organize everything for TOPS program - DONE
:pink: Organize paper resource box - DONE

List for the rest of the week
:pink: Create a shopping list of all supplies needed throughout the year - DONE
:pink: Cut out fabric for yellow puppets (using old t-shirts as they get stained, etc)
:pink: Make a beaded bracelet to use as a 5 pounds lost reward

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Part One: Create a shopping list of all supplies needed throughout the year, this way when supplies come on sale, you'll be able to pick them up and have them on hand when they are needed (working on this have the list started but it keeps getting longer I need to stay off the internet and out of my books looking for ideas)
Part Two: Spend one hour crafting projects from your gift lists (this is no problem at all)
Part three:Spend 15 minutes crafting something for yourself (Hmm will have to think on this what else could I make myself)

Going to continue with the same list just to get these things done. Once I get something done I will add another.

[]work on cleaning out and organizing craft closet (need to see what is in there and what I need to buy)
[]work on setting up 2008 notebook (need to get notes out of all sorts of notebooks and get them together)(actually getting done.)
[] continue to work on 2008 craft list
[]work on scarf hours this week which brings total up to 7.5 hours for this.
[] work on moms cross stitch
[]get fleece for Kenny's teachers baby gift (Just need to get a bigger piece for backing)
[] help Kenny make fleece blanket for his teacher

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm a bit behind from last week but will play catch up later this week.

[] Organize and sort out my craft drawers. (I have a plastic two drawer tub)
[] Create shopping list.
[] Spend 1 hour crafting gift. (Going to start DH's photo journal this week)
[] Spend 15 minutes crafting for myself. (Plan to cut out some quilt squares)

jmgconner

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
I'll need to add to my shopping list as I come across gifts I want to make for next Christmas. Hmmm, I'm thinking I need to put together a crafting/sewing notebook???

SHOPPING LIST
[X] bobbins <--- somehow I lost a bunch of my bobbins
[X] fusible webbing for t-shirt quilt
[X] plaid fabrics for t-shirt quilt

PROJECTS
[X] quilt DD's quilt

FOR MYSELF
[X] begin a crafting/sewing notebook
- project ideas
- instructions for current projects
- fabric samples for each project
- photos of finished projects
- timeline/schedule to complete projects
- shopping list
- coupons for craft stores

EXTRA
[X] Children's tote bag for baby shower on Thursday
[X] make binding for DD's quilt
[X] make another tote bag (these things are quick and addictive!)

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Ok I need to jump on these challenges since I tend to get ideas early, buy the stuff but then finish late or never start!! Next year would like to have done early!

1. Actually I need to do calendars for this year still :sad: due to computer problems I am just now able to do them so I will print the pics and send them this week!!

Crafting list- About finished
Shopping List- Will work on this
Carfting- this years Calendars!!!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Going to continue with the same list just to get these things done. Once I get something done I will add another.

[]work on cleaning out and organizing craft closet (need to see what is in there and what I need to buy)
[/]work on setting up 2008 notebook (need to get notes out of all sorts of notebooks and get them together)(actually getting done.)
[/] continue to work on 2008 craft list
[/]work on scarf(1 hour) this week which brings total up to 8.5 hours for this.
[]get fleece for Kenny's teachers baby gift (Just need to get a bigger piece for backing)
[] help Kenny make fleece blanket for his teacher

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
jmgconner, Melinda Whitehead (http://www.melindawhitehead.com) has some notebook sheets made for crafting! Quilting and sewing for sure, and maybe others. Go to her site and click on the notebooks on the bottom left. Hope this helps you!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Princess_Christmas said:

Part Two: Spend one hour crafting projects from your gift lists
Part three:Spend 15 minutes crafting something for yourself

Hi,
Is this an hour a 'day' and 15 minutes a 'day'? Thanks.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts
{} Snapfish Calendar
{} Crochet Wash cloths
{} Soaps
{} Crochet tops of towels
{} Pillows cases for each season
{} Quilted Christmas Ornaments
{} A pillow for each family member
{} Sister's scrapbook of old photo’s

Shopping List:
Cotton yarn
Soap making stuff
Yarn
Chr. Material
Pillow material
Pillow cover material

Now, to make a copy of this list and get organized about doing and shopping!
::eek:rnament:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I'm behind too Mrs. Soup! We'll catch up together! I still have to make a list! I guess I can make my craft list and supplies list at the same time.
{}craft for myself(scrapbooking!)
{}Doll clothes

Princess Christmas-thanks for the link-you could fill this with mini-muffins and small pots of jams and marmalades for a Christmas breakfast basket!

jmgconner

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
Holiday Joy said:
jmgconner, Melinda Whitehead (http://www.melindawhitehead.com) has some notebook sheets made for crafting! Quilting and sewing for sure, and maybe others. Go to her site and click on the notebooks on the bottom left. Hope this helps you!

Thank You! I can't wait til she adds more! I have my notebook started, and since I was feeling crafty, I even sewed up a little tote bag. :)

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Finally finished the second scarf. And I am not going to make another one for awhile no matter how much anyone begs me too.

Also got fleece blanket done for Kenny's teacher it took awhile even though it was small because he was helping with cutting and tieing. Now he wants to make more.

I really need to pick up a lock to put on craft closet door since I am also using this as gift closet plus Miss Makayla does not know how to stay out of it.

[/]work on setting up 2008 notebook (need to get notes out of all sorts of notebooks and get them together)(actually getting done.)
:cloudnine: work on scarf(2.5 hour) this week which brings total up to 10 hours for this.
:cloudnine: get fleece for Kenny's teachers baby gift (Just need to get a bigger piece for backing)
:cloudnine: help Kenny make fleece blanket for his teacher(2 hours)

adding:
[/](1/2 hour)make my stocking (10 rows white) I want to get the stockings out of the way so that they can start being filled as I get stuffers

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
I'm in!

I got my DS10 "folder" done (it's a 6 pocket envelope for all his stuff. For those of you who don't already know he's autistic)

I am still clearing out the "craft" areas. The majority of my time will be spent on my notebooks & my UFO projects.

HAGD
Tina
:pink:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Kids had a two hour delay yesturday morning for school so got some more time in then and before I went to bed last night

:cloudnine: work on scarf(2.5 hour) this week which brings total up to 10 hours for this.
:cloudnine: get fleece for Kenny's teachers baby gift (Just need to get a bigger piece for backing)
:cloudnine: help Kenny make fleece blanket for his teacher(2 hours)

adding:
[/](3 hours)make my stocking (white done row 40 on red) I want to get the stockings out of the way so that they can start being filled as I get stuffers

skynyrdfan

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern Illinois
Shop for supplies??? :rotflol:

I think I could craft for a year or two with what's in my stash!

But making an inventory of it isnt' a bad idea, and a list of what I want to accomplish this year. Thanks for the start Princess! :heartbeat:

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
[] Organize bookshelf in craft room
[ :heartbeat: ] Continue cross-stitching DS12's birth sampler--2 hours this week so far!

I've subbed at DS's middle school every day this week, so my stitching time has been limited. I hope to work on more and get the bookshelf done this weekend!

mom23angels

MHH Member
Jan 2, 2008
How do you decide what you are ging to work on for the year? I was thinking I will combine this with my Christmas gift list..... Any suggestions?

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
mom23angels said:
How do you decide what you are ging to work on for the year? I was thinking I will combine this with my Christmas gift list..... Any suggestions?
That is what my list is Christmas gifts with some other things shot in there as well. Since I make so many of my Christmas gifts it does take me most of the year to get them done. Plus I do make some birthday gifts also. And on top of that there are things that have to be made for racing.