Weekly Crafters Challenge 1/13-1/19

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
jackie said:
jampss ~ For 2006 Christmas I made pillowcases for each month for my 3 children and 4 of my neices and nephews. I included a small Barnes and Noble gift card with them. Everyone loved them and I had a great time getting the clearance fabric after the holidays.
quote]

Oh, thanks for the inspiration idea! I'm ready to go shop for material! :) :jumpinghearts:

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I still need to do (2) 2008 calendars for grandparents- I am doing this weekend then I will start my other crafts- So next week I will jump in with more. Thanks KimD for starting this- I am obviously going to need it if I am going to get next years stuff done!!

jackie

MHH Member
Jan 15, 2008
I finished the February cards this evening. Before I put all of my card making supplies away I am going to organize them. It is a big mess right now and finding things is a major pain. I also need to pick up some fabric to piece together the squares I embroidered for my new neice I am getting on Feb. 4th. The most perfect Valentines Day gift :cloudnine:

[x] Cards for January
[x] Cards for February
[/] Cards for March
[x][x][x][x] *FINISHED*15 minutes X 4 on crocheted kleenex box holder
[][] Finish 2 doll dresses

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Jackie- I am hoping for a new niece this time. Most of us are hoping for a girl just because of the timing of the baby's birth will be right around the time that Joshua would have been 2.

Ok did get somemore time in on the cross stich last night.

:cloudnine: 1 hour 12 Valentine sucker covers for dd8's brownie troop
:cloudnine: 1 hour put together and glue together log house that will be turned into a gingerbread house at some point in time
[/]10 mins1/4 penquin fleece hats (need to get more hot glue sticks to glue on faces)
[/]8hours work on moms cross stitch
[]see if I have the right yarn to start another stocking
[] have dh look at cord on sewing machine to see if its fixable or if I have to get a new one (dd8's rabbit chewed it while out of its cage)

total hours: 10 hours 10 mins

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
[ :heartbeat: ] Clear craft room bookcase--1 1/2 hours
[] Work on DS12's cross stitch birth sampler

I spent a while today clearing the bookcase--I keep magazines, books, and cross-stitch floss there. The floss bin had a BUNCH of floss in the bottom that was not bagged--from a sale oh, maybe 8 or so years ago!!! :oops: So I bagged it all up, filed them bags in order, and placed everything back in the bin. Looking good now!

Now if I could just find time to cross-stitch...

I'll be back to work on the sampler tonight!

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
great job pattycakes :applause: least now if you find time the floss will be alot easier to find:

OK I told my DH we are doing pics this week so I hope to post Monday that my calendars are done

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
Thanks, Twinkle!!!

I got an hour on the cross stitch in last night and plan to spend a good portion of this evening working on it. It's really coming together now!!!

[ :heartbeat: ] Clear craft room bookcase--1 1/2 hours
[1 hour so far] Work on DS12's cross stitch birth sampler