Weighted blankets

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
DD mentioned that she would like one. I know it's something she wouldn't buy for herself, so I want to get her one for Christmas. I have been researching features etc, but would like to get some opinions from people that have them.

Thanks!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Here a photo to compare the difference in the squares. The gray one keeps the weights distributed much better.4ABB04AE-F917-4EA3-8B61-D5229C74DD79.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: happy2bme

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I had one like the gray one as well. It was 10lbs. I tried it but I couldn't use it, felt too heavy for me. DS loves them though so I let him use it.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I asked DD30 who had one when she lived at home. She moved from FL to VT in 2019. She doesn't use one now. She said she did like it but found it difficult to wash. Didn't want to go to laundry mat for larger washing machine. She has some cats (and 'some' is putting is mildly ... LOL ... but hey, not my monkeys - "cats" - not my zoo anymore). So, I am assuming pet hair was an issue. She did mention that there are Weighted Stuffed Animal Toys!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My dd asked for one last year for Christmas. I picked up 12 lb. blankets for dd and then decided to get one for dh to help him sleep better at night. I ordered the NEX brand from Walmart. I paid more to have a washable duvet. The blanket looks like the tan one in the picture above. I think it's worth getting a duvet cover. When it gets dirty, you can just toss that in the laundry.

The weighted blankets are used here only in the winter. It was chilly the other night but dh said using the blanket now would only make him sweat. I have tried them out. I don't like the weight on me while sleeping but I didn't mind borrowing it to stay warm while watching TV.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I always use a duvet cover which I wash weekly during the summer but only monthly during the winter. In the summer I use the duvet cover as my sheet so wash often. In the winter I have a blanket sheet so I wash that weekly. I have taught my animals to stay off my bed. They have their own bed in the room that I have a sheet on which I wash weekly. The dogs go to the groomers for a bath monthly. Twillow is forced to go twice a year under protest. I use the weighted blanket year around. Once a year I wash the weighted part. I hang it to dry over the patio chairs outside. I do let the blanket air out monthly. I might try steam cleaning it too.