Welcome to mummytummy

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Hi mummytummy.
I have seen you posting lately and just wanted to say hi and welcome to our Holiday loving group.
Hope that you enjoy your time here with us.
If you get a chance tell us some things about yourself.

Reactions: mummytummy

mummytummy

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Perth WA
Thank you for the welcome :D

Always had a love of Christmas and member of various sites over the years. Used to love doing the swaps until postage costs got to be more expensive than the gifts... Currently living in Perth WA, we moved here as a family 6 years ago. Took quite a while to acclimatise and really missed family initially but that has got easier to deal with over the years, until a crisis back home crops up then you realise 24hrs can be a very long time.. I'm married to my soul mate and best friend, together we have 2 sons 20 & 23. I lost my Christmas spirit for a while :( but it's coming back :D

Have a wonderful day everyone

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Welome MummyTummy! I hope coming here will help with your getting back your Christmas Spirit. I'm Jane and live in Louisiana...in the northern part, about 35 miles south of Interstate 20. I'm a teacher, but am retiring at the end of May after 33 years of teaching. My DH teaches and coaches football. We have three children...well, actually my son 33, is from my first marriage and two daughters 22 and 26. Our 26 YO is married with no children. Our son is married and has two sons 8 and a 12. DD22 graduated from college in November and is floundering at the moment, but starting to look for jobs.

Hopefully, those family crises won't happen very often. I've never lived far from family. Glad you're more adjusted to the move.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Welcome! This is a great community of with lots of Holiday Spirit. I usually would get to this site in October for the Christmas Countdown program. Then one year I decided to try the HHP in September. This year, I was on such a good groove with cleaning and planning that when Katrina (sweetpumkinpye) started up the Weekly Wonders for 2019, I decided to stay on the forum year round. We are a family of seven. Our oldest is 19 and our youngest is 12. We have always lived within an hours drive of family. It must have been a very difficult adjustment.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Welcome, you will find this group to be kind, caring, creative and inspiring.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Welcome! Where did you live in the UK before you moved to Perth? I grew up in England, lived and visited there off and on all through my childhood and young adult years. Mum was British, from the Manchester area, and I had family there but most are gone now. Still have cousins but they are quite spread out - Aberdeen area in Scotland, Milford Haven in Wales, and Birmingham. I'm in Washington on the Pacific coast now, Navy wife to Victor as it says in my signature block, and our daughter lives just a couple of hours away.

I took a break from the forums while we moved from the East Coast to the West, bought a house, and I went back to work full-time after being a lady of leisure for two years. Vic is off to a posting in Okinawa in the late summer but we've done the separations before in our 25 years of Navy life so we'll make the best of it. I'm so glad to be back with my MHH family and looking forward to Christmas in July when everyone shares their ideas around a set of themes we came up with, or just makes a theme of their own. It's all about Christmas so whatever you share will be wonderful.

mummytummy

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Perth WA
Hi Pamela, I'm from Staffordshire, Stafford to exact :D which is about 30 miles from Birmingham and 60 miles from Manchester. Beautiful county (I do miss it at times) with lots of history and plenty to see and do - I sound like a tourist information advert don't I lol! :D

http://www.visitstafford.org/

I too am glad to be back on the forums, can' believe it's 12 years since I joined MHH, where has that time gone..