Welcome to Wed- July 29th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

piratemamaof3boys

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Morning friends.
Can you believe July is almost over? Had my 1 on 1 with my manager yesterday. I always worry because I feel like I am struggling and flailing but she always has good things to say and is really happy with how well I am doing. I am very hard on myself and she seems to know it.
Not much else on the agenda will be hot again. It's my Friday so work and probably finish packing for camping. We have time in the morning but I'm a early packer.

Have a beautiful day.

Jess- good luck today. How exciting and I'm sure nerve wracking to get a job so quickly.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Morning!

The bluebirds eggs are hatching as I type. 3 hatched and 2 to go.

I put dishes away this a.m., and have Ryans curtains and bed cover (for box springs) washing. They are ready to move over.

Tonight I get a trim and wax at 6.

Allen and Teigan are going to the sale barn today. She is beyond excited. Don't know why she likes it so much. They will eat somewhere. Taking 7 sheep in. Might get a couple goats but not really the time for them.

Have a GREAT day!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning!

Woke up early, got up early, off to a great start so let's hope the computers at work are having a good day as well! Good luck today, Jess, we're thinking of you! Picked a weekend to go up to see Sophia and shop for her classroom - she surfed a few teachers' supply sites and found so many cute things.

There was a digger parked outside my house last night and more spray painted markings - electric and cable company - the rock wall project begins today - looking forward to getting rid of the rubble.

Have a great day!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Good morning, MHHers!

I am going to DD's to do laundry and see my Rocky Boy. Oh, and I might even see Sam. Looking forward to that. And it will take most of my day. It will be in thE mid to upper 80s today. Humidity shouldn't be really high.

Nothing else on the agenda today. Laundry will be enough.

Jess, you are going to do a wonderful job as teacher. So proud of you.
Lana, I love that T gets into the farm animals, etc. and gets to do things with Grandpa.
Pamela, you will have a blast with Sophia, choosing things to decorate her classroom.
Shannon, have a great day! Proud of you for such good reports with your one on one. And have a safe time camping. It will do you good.

Now I need to gather my laundry. I wish I had some more momentum! Maybe I would not be so lazy! But, then, what would excuse would I have for not doing things? Have a wonderful day! Stay safe and be blessed!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Morning!
Yesterday we had Xavier until 4:30, he is teething. Went to get a chocolate-coated ice-cream in the evening (both niece & nephew work there). Slept so-so, was awake from 3:15 to past 4:15.
Took a small walk, had my shower and breakfast. Have 1 load in washer, dishwasher is going too. Spent 45 minutes on work emails. The rest will wait for my return from vacation next week.
Now I'm going in the basement to reorganize and possibly declutter some more. We went to my parent's house last week and mom is keeping EVERYTHING. me and sis emptied most of her fridge when we went (food was going bad)... not fun. Told my brothers to get stuff out of the house when she isn't there.

Later

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
good morning to all. been cleaning my room and washing clothes. had a breeze last nite at tball so that was good. tomo nite is the last one for the season. yes cant believe july is almost over. i need to get my haircut and colored next week. i want something good to eat but dont know what i want.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hi, everyone.

It's a really slow day at work today, so I'm catching up on here. We seem to be at a hurry up and wait pattern. Due to billing issues, we're not sending therapists to the nursing homes anymore. Our state is now #1 per capita in Covid cases with our parish being a "red" parish, meaning our numbers are high. Because of all that, the people in the assisted livings are not wanting us in there, either. So, the only patients we're seeing are a few in our local office. We're not getting any new patients here, either, due to people not wanting to some due to the high number of cases in our area.

The OT who was going into one of the nursing homes for us is working in the doctor's office now. Regular physical therapy is going to start being offered at one of the services. He wrapped my hand/arm this morning to help with the swelling I'm still having. At PT yesterday, the therapist worked massaging it for about 35-40 minutes. It was much less swollen this morning. When I say the doctor Thursday, he didn't seem concerned about it, but the PT said getting the swelling down will help speed the healing process because the circulation will improve. It's soft tissue damage that needs to heal, now, and regaining strength. The bones are healed.

I sent the text this morning to family about gifts and lists for Christmas. DD27 replied that she was thinking the same thing as me about shipping taking longer. So...we'll see what happens. I'm eager to get started. We have a Christmas club account and usually wait to shop on Black Friday, but who know how things will be by then?

I think DH will be going back to work starting two weeks from today....maybe a week from Monday. I haven't really seen a school calendar for this year. Students won't start until about two weeks later this year. Usually, it's 2-3 work days for teachers and then students start. I would really like to take a trip before he starts, but I don't see that happening with all of the moving and such going on.

Lucie, it's so hard trying to help others get rid of stuff. It's hard to believe Xaivier is old enough to be teething. Time passes so quickly.
Pam, have fun with Rocky and Samuel today. Laundry is no fun, though!
Pamela, we'll need to see pictures of this finished wall! Here's hoping the computers are up and running. I thought our program was malfunctioning this morning that is used for therapy, but was able to restart it, and it worked as it should. Phew!
Lana, Allen and Teigan remind me of a Grandpa and granddaughter that go to our church. She's going to be in the 3rd grade next year. She was rounding up cows with him on her horse earlier this week. She goes to the sale barn with him. Wherever he is, she is.
Shannon, it's such a good feeling to know you're doing well at your job. I'm sure you'll get better and better as time goes by. Enjoy the camping!

Okay, everyone....I better be productive here to earn my pay. Hope you all have a great day!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hi, Faye...our breezes have had a little edge to them this summer...seems our humidity has been lower more days than it's been high...thankfully! I know what you mean about wanting something good to eat, but don't know what. Hope you find something to satisfy that craving.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I received lots of lovins from my Rocky. Samuel was supposed to have him in, but Rocky was outside. He did not try to eat my tires. That is always a good thing.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

I slept pretty good last night and actually woke up after 5 instead of at 4:30. I have the sprinkler on to water the grass and noticed yesterday that there is new grass growing so what i'm doing is working! I just wrote down in my notepad all the questions i've been accumulating for my host teacher so i'll have them for today. They are all about things like special dress days, where should I park, what my time schedule will be (arrive/leave) so I can be prepared and my family will too (I also have kids to figure out for school), how/when to submit lesson plans, if we will wear a face shield, stuff like that. I set my clothes out last night and know what i'm taking for lunch. I'm as prepared as I can be at this point.

DH has an ENT appointment this afternoon. We'll see what comes of that. DD got her schedule last night online and they put PE on there which she took and passed in summer school at this school. :rolleyes: I had to fill out the form and send it in requesting a schedule change. I just hope she gets what she originally asked for and doesn't get thrown into something stupid that i'm going to have to hear her complain about all year.

I'm going to leave a small list of things for the kids to do while i'm gone. Nothing major, just little things that need doing. I will try to get dinner in the crockpot before I leave.

Shannon- Great job on the review! Thanks! It's not really a "job", but it will be the hours of a full time job just without the pay. It's more like an internship I guess if you had to compare it to something, it's basically like unpaid on the job training except you don't have the job at the end. hahaha It's just easier to say i'm going to work than i'm going to student teaching everytime I talk about it.
Lana- Oh how sweet! Great memories for her.
Pamela- Thank you! I hope you and Sophia can find lots of great things for her room!
Pam- Glad your tires survived! LOL Thank you!
Lucie- That's sad about your mom. I hope your brothers will listen.
Faye- A breeze is always nice in the heat in the evening.
Jane- Everything is such a mess for school this year. I saw a thing that basically said (completely paraphrasing) we can recover a lost or missed education but not a dead student (or teacher for that matter). They are getting ready to push our start date back two weeks here and DD's principal has been a big voice in that saying that they aren't ready and need to use that time to train and prepare the schools.

Enjoy your day!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day everyone. We have a 80% chance if rain today. Might get it as our yard is scheduled to be mowed today.

I have been awake since a little before 5. I probably will be doing some lazing around this afternoon.

DH has been able to find sanitizer and spray at local stores. So trying to stock up some.

Shannon I always liked to have things packed ahead of time when we used to go visit our DS & DIL. Of course I had to check it a few tomes to be sure I had everything lol. Good job on your review.
Lana what a joy to watch the baby blue jays come in to the world.
Pamela hope your good day is continuing.
Pam glad you got to see Rocky & Sam.
Lucie a morning walk always sounds nice. Do you take pics of flowers, birds etc along the way?
HW2 I kind of miss the tball days but not the heat while watching.
Jane glad your arm swelling has went down. I've been reading online of stores closing this year on Thanksgiving. Wonder how or if they'll do Black Friday?
Jess I hope everything goes well for you today. And at your DH appointment. I agree with the principal everyone needs to be as trained and prepared as possible.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Afternoon all. Soo hot here. We hit 44C yesterday (I think about 111 with humidity?)
I didn't get my scanner to work. Says on my form I should be able to click on a corner of a box for an electronic signature....but I don't see it. Maybe I need to try a different device.
I've been looking at different French programs for the kids. We also get a few kids channels in French. I imagine they're young enough that they can still learn a proper accent.
DD7 would like to do Spanish as well and ASL. She has an aptitude for languages I think. DD9 would prefer to not have to learn any French at all but I told her that's not much of an option in Canada. So many jobs require that you speak both.
Too hot to be up here on the computer any longer. Can't wait until this heat wave is over! Will have to catch up reading everyone's posts tonight when it cools down a little.
Have a great day!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello all! Hot again although it may not reach all the way to 90*. More of that tomorrow.

Yesterday I got my dad's desk all cleared out, went through some memorabilia and put things in boxes with acid-free paper. Have a few more things to go through but I've done enough that as soon as DH can have someone help him get it out of the house it is ready to go.

Went to the farmer's market this morning. All for two ears of corn and an eggplant. Tomatoes maybe next week. The vegetable tent is not allowing in only 2-3 people at a time and a lot of the food is behind the counter so you can't even choose your own.

Since that was a bust I decided to go to Michaels and Marshalls. Got a few things I needed for crafting at Michaels and I treated myself to a new purse at Marshalls - along with a dog treats for Buffy. However,
shopping is not the pleasant experience it once was - wearing masks, following arrows in the aisles.....I thought about stopping at the grocery but did not want to wait on line to get in as has been the case the last two times I went there.

Talked to DS about posting stuff on e-bay. Might do some of that today - or not.

Jess- hope your first day went well
Lana - how great to see the birdies being born
Faye - you've had a busy morning
Deb - did you get your grocery shopping in?
Shannon - great work on the job!
Tricia - hope you get the rain that you need
Jane - can you work fewer hours now that there is less work?
Pamela - what a fun weekend you and Sophia will have
Pam - enjoy your Rocky lovin'
Lucie - glad you're spending all this time with Xavier!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Afternoon!
Since it was less hot decided to wash front windows... wasps did not come out... but it was wayyyyy hotter than I thought. Just took my 2nd shower of the day. dh is still piddling on the roof doing some repairs.

Now I'm going out to read (or nap).

FS - I was thinking dvds... they can listen in french and have subtitles in English. Since they like Harry Potter it might be those movies to start with.
Tricia - I used to take pictures when my morning walks where in town but here I don't... maybe I should there is one spot where the sun rises and there are mountains in the back which is beautiful.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Hello there. We were 110* yesterday and to be the same today. Hotter through the weekend.

I took dgd to gymnastics and went to the grocery store. I planned to get enough for just a couple days, but there were so few people in the store I shopped for the week. I didn't buy any beef - I wanted a roast - because the prices were outrageously high, over $20 for a small roast. The ground beef was $8 and $11 a pound. Good grief, that's crazy!

I bought some gift cards for the great-grandkids for Christmas. I don't care for gift cards, but a postage stamp is much less expensive than shipping, and if I decide to buy something instead...well, I can use a gift card.

I sure would like to go to Michael's and Joann and Hobby Lobby...to browse and shop. I would even put up with the heat...but between having to deal with masks and sanitizer and the ever rising numbers (we still average 1,000 a day), I guess I'll just stay home.

Have a nice day!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning,
Brrr it is a chilly one here. No rain or wind just foggy and cold.
Grocery shopping today, just going to the local supermarket so hopefully wont be too long. I don't have much on my list but I expect to pick up a few things as I see them. I am never sure what is there until I am there so makes it hard to write a list.

I will come home and pack the groceries away and maybe just do a bit more crafting. I am going out for dinner tonight with boss and a CW and a physio. The 4 of us have worked the whole way through from the beginning of Covid to now and the boss would like to thank us. We are going to an Italian restaurant which will be nice.

Better go and get dressed, stay cool all,
XOXO

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Well we got enough rain to get the street wet but it was dry again in no time. Looks like it might rain more though.

Some of the stories I see on FB are so sad. I will keep praying and taking the precautions we can.

Lucie I'd imagine the sunrise with the mountain backdrop would be beautiful. Would love to see pics of it.

Y'all stay safe & take care.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Afternoon!

My first day was fantastic! My host teacher is great and so is the 5th grade team. Everyone I met was super friendly and the school is pretty small (or it seemed anyway). I got my ID and tomorrow I will buy a school shirt and ask about getting a computer. I met the student teacher she had last year, she got hired on as a 4th grade teacher. There is another student teacher working with our team teacher (group A) as well. I'm very excited! We will share a classroom with them. They will use it on the days we are virtually teaching in the library. We didn't do much today but sit around and talk and B.S. really. Tomorrow we will watch some videos and Friday is the faculty meeting all day. The DOE has the big meeting tomorrow as well to decide on the delay to the start of school. We are really questioning on if the kids will return at all or just return virtually. We had 109 cases today.

Not much else to report really. Chili in the crockpot and i'm having a cup of coffee and going to relax and then go pick out clothes for tomorrow.

Later friends!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
That's wonderful Jess. You've got this!

Reactions: PamelaG