We're a warm

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
-0 today. At least that's what was on my read out today. I'm not sure how much colder that is than just plain 0. It didn't matter, it was sunny with no wind so I headed off to the YMCA for exercise class.

We've been having -30 for wind chills with just below temps. I still can't believe that people are out jogging in this weather. Last night some guy was jogging on one of the busier roads right at dusk. I almost hit him and several other cars did too. I'm all for exercise but if it's "below" anything I exercise indoors.

Well the benefit for jogging in the cold is you work harder to get warm and therefore burn more calories. That's why when you watch shows like the biggest loser you see the big heavy guys in sweat jackets and not tee shirts. They are sweating off more weight!!!

But I agree, there is no reason to be out in that cold of weather unless you favor frost bite!!

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Don't know how you stand those cold temps. We've had 30s for about 2 weeks now and I am about to lose my mind. So cold and dreary! I'm ready for Spring!

jodilee10128

Retire Member
Oct 23, 2007
Scarlett said:
Don't know how you stand those cold temps. We've had 30s for about 2 weeks now and I am about to lose my mind. So cold and dreary! I'm ready for Spring!

I dare you to come to Canada in January. You can't deny we are a strong, long suffering people. To be honest I would not have it any other way. It is really cool living in a place that has 4 VERY DISTINCT Seasons. This cold snap is going to end Saturday. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Actually I have visited Canada during the Bonhomme Fesitval in Quebec. It was beautiful! I am just not used to that cold weather, though. I'll keep my warm seasons! ;-)

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I love the seasons as well-actually the end of July can get a bit much for me! We aren't all like that up here though-I guess that's why there are so many 'snowbirds' down south right now! We had a green Christmas in 2006 and it just wasn't the same! I like the snow-I'm a golf widow from May until December! LOL! :bigsnow:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I love the distinct seasons also. In fact, if I would give one up, it would be summer - at least the real hot, humid part of it. I don't mind the cold at all. We've been in a bit of a cold snap as well (single digits at night). For me it is an excuse to stay home, cook a big pot of soup or bake, curl up with a blanket in front of the fireplace and watch a movie or read a good book!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
jackfrosty said:
That sounds so nice! Try that Zuppa Toscana in the test it, taste it, rate it! It's an awesome soup!
I tried it a few last week - YUMMY!

jodilee10128

Retire Member
Oct 23, 2007
jackfrosty said:
I love the seasons as well-actually the end of July can get a bit much for me! We aren't all like that up here though-I guess that's why there are so many 'snowbirds' down south right now! We had a green Christmas in 2006 and it just wasn't the same! I like the snow-I'm a golf widow from May until December! LOL! :bigsnow:

Oh you poor dear. I am with you there. My husband is only 25 and he is golf fanatic. They say it only gets worse with age.