What Are You Reading Right Now? 2020.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Whatever You Do, Don't Run by Peter Allison

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
A Season of Grace by Lauraine Snelling, Book #3 in the Under Northern Skies series

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe
Rocket Fuel by Gino Wickman
The House at Sea's End by Ellie Griffiths
Following Jesus by Henri Nouwen

Current book: The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer
Current audiobook: Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I can't see any way to do a poll on the forums here - I was wondering how many of you use your local library regularly?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I can't see any way to do a poll on the forums here - I was wondering how many of you use your local library regularly?
I do all the time. I go to the library and I also order online. My Dh only used the online option.

Reactions: PamelaG

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
All. the. time. I have hoopla for Ebooks, Audiobooks, Videos, and music. I do love to hold a book in my hand so borrow them from library, and if the library doesn't own the one I want they will do an inter-library loan.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We use the library a lot, for actual hold in your hand books and I use Overdrive through the local library as well.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have cards at two libraries and nearly exclusively download library books to my Kindle. I mostly only read at night before going to sleep, so it takes me a while to get through a book. I would never get an actual book back to the library by its due date. An e-book will remain on my Kindle as long as I keep it in airplane mode.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to remember the tidbit about using Airplane mode. Thanks.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I only use the library for my books, I found them way too expensive to buy. I will sometimes buy books from the thrift shop but not often.
Our library service here is very good, we order online and they will come from any library in our town to my closest library. We can have as many books as we want to up to a month with no charge at all. A fabulous service.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009

I use them all the time. We have an interlibrary loan system in our county. If my local library doesn't have the book I want, then they will order if for me from other libraries in our county system. We also have e-books and audio books we can borrow from the library app. I haven't used the audio books often but recently, I'm finding that they are available quicker than the book or e-book.

I usually ask for used books as gifts for Christmas or my birthday. Those books are typically the books that the library system doesn't have.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
The Dutch House by Ann Patchett

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Once Upon a Dickens Christmas. Very good book. I enjoy books from this time period.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I've been enjoying some Amish friends knitting circle series books by Karen Anne Vogel they are really good.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
A new-to-me Christian historical fiction series, Sunrise at Normandy. Book #1 is The Sea Before Us by Sarah Sundin.