What Are You Reading Right Now? 2020.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Still reading A Distant Mirror by Barbara Tuchman about the 14th century.

For my dystopian apocylaptic novel I am reading Final Dawn by Mike Kraus. These people are in worse shape than we are.

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I stopped reading Bad Twins today - I gave up after 200 pages. Absolute garbage.

I'm now reading The French Gardener - it's brilliant!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I've been working on The Tenth Girl by Sara Faring when I have time. I just renewed it from the library.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Do you mean Six of Crows?
Sorry, I was referring to Suddenly Psychic: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Novel by Elizabeth Hunter. Mrs. Soup said: "It has drawn me in and I didn't want to put it down last night when I started it in the tub."

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I haven't updated my reading in almost a month - I'm working my way through my Agatha Raisin murder mystery series by M. C. Beaton - I'm on book 16 of 20.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I am reading "Midnight Sun" by Stephanie Meyers. It's the prequel to the Twilight Series.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
@rabble It is very long winded. It's interesting to see Edward's point of view regarding his feelings towards Bella and how he sees things compared to how she sees them. I'm about half way through and it has taken me quite a while to read that far. I'm generally a faster reader, but the story goes on and on....

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
@rabble It is very long winded. It's interesting to see Edward's point of view regarding his feelings towards Bella and how he sees things compared to how she sees them. I'm about half way through and it has taken me quite a while to read that far. I'm generally a faster reader, but the story goes on and on....
Ahhhh gotcha. I think I'll pass ( I preferred Jacob anyway :p)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm trying to keep my reading light-hearted anymore with a few exceptions. Here's what I've read these last two months:

Fiber Fueled by Will Bulsiewicz, MD

Flights of Fancy by Jen Turano

Alaskan Holiday by Debbie Macomber

Aiming for Love by Mary Connealy

The Bridge to Belle Island by Julie Klassen

Woman of Sunlight by Mary Connealy

The Runaway Bride by Jody Hedlund

Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson

Pandemic 1918 by Catharine Arnold

The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner

The Major's Daughter by Regina Jennings

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I haven't updated my reading in almost a month - I'm working my way through my Agatha Raisin murder mystery series by M. C. Beaton - I'm on book 16 of 20.
Don't you just love it when you find a series you like and there are a lot of books in it? I just looked up the book at our library. They carry it as an eBook. I'll add that to my list.

I've been reading The Ruth Galloway murder mystery series since I found it in January. I'm on the wait list for the latest eBook. Ruth Galloway is an archaeologist in Norfolk, England called in to share her expertise on bones and ends up getting involved with murder cases.

I didn't care for the present tense writing or the foul language from some characters. On the other hand, I like the quirky characters and the whole archaeologist vibe. (In my dream life, I would have gone to school and studied to be an archaeologist and genealogist.) I got hooked onto watching Time Team as a result of the book.

Reactions: PamelaG

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
My library is now doing a click n collect where a bundle of books can be ordered and picked up. It's great! You don't get to choose specific titles, but can ask for a genre.

Anyway, when they asked me what I read I said "anything - surprise me!"

Jeez what a mistake. I got eight books of very dubious, poorly written 'chick lit' including ones that are book 3 or 4 in a series!

Turns out I'm a very fussy reader. Who knew!

Currently attempting to read The Scandal by Fredrik Backman

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Rabble, I'm a fussy reader. I can read most anything but it needs to be well written to hold my interest. And I"m not fond of what I call "Tammy" books the always turn out all sunshine.

Not sure if anyone here remembers the show Tammy. Always did dumb stuff over and over again but everything turned out sunny by the end of the show.

Reactions: rabble

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
Rabble, I'm a fussy reader. I can read most anything but it needs to be well written to hold my interest. And I"m not fond of what I call "Tammy" books the always turn out all sunshine.

Not sure if anyone here remembers the show Tammy. Always did dumb stuff over and over again but everything turned out sunny by the end of the show.
Yep same! I've read so many books I can usually figure out if I'll enjoy it within the first page. I tell my kids never to read anything that doesn't grab your interest immediately and I do the same - too many books in the world that need reading!

Not familiar with Tammy haha, but it sounds like a Mary-Sue type of book. I like happy endings but they have to be extremely well-deserved!

All the books I was given are based around infidelity and affairs and I find it so depressing and just sad. I've never enjoyed reading plots involving it.

Also characters where the female protagonist is perfect in every single way except! She's overweight! Oh no! What a terrible character flaw! Let's hope she meets some inspiring people that will change her view about herself (and maybe inspire her to become the 'perfect weight') so she can get the man of her dreams and fix all her problems...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Just looked for some "Mary-Sue" books on Amazon. Saw some great covers on some Cowboy love stories written by a Mary Sue. Was nice window shopping but certainly not the correct books. I'll try google A Trekkie's Tale.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Just downloaded Girl Gone Mad: A Novel by Avery Bishop

Amazon is offering 5 dollars if you read for 10 days during the month of August. I signed up. I figured that I may read enough to get it.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Must go check that out on Amazon.