What Are You Reading Right Now? 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Finished "12 Tiny Steps:

Finished "12 Tiny Steps: simple ways to a more intentional life" ...wonderful book, highly recommend!!! Laurie
We will finish it this week! We are liking it as well. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I decided to take a break from the series i'm reading and read a hold that came available from the library. I'm currently reading The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson.

I'm also perusing some books for professional development: The Daily 5 by Gail Boushey, The First Days of School: How To Be An Effective Teacher by Harry K. Wong and Rosemary T. Wong, Inside Secrets of Finding a Teaching Job by Jack Warner and Clyde Bryan, and The Everything New Teacher Book by Melissa Kelly.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Cultural Warlords; my journey into the dark web of white supremacy by Talia Lavin.

When I started reading the chapter on anti-semitism I found several quotes from my former history Professor's book!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I finished The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek over the weekend and have been reading Honeysuckle Season. It's pretty good so far.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I am currently reading Small Time by Russ Shorto. It's about the mob in our hometown. Interestingly enough, my great-grandfather is mentioned in the book as part of the mob in town. I'm about a third of the way through the book, so I can't wait to read more!

As an aside, J said when he first met the Italian side of my family his first thought was that this family is in the mob. LOL I had no idea that my family was a part of the history of gambling and other activities during the prohibition in our town. It explains SO much now.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Since I last posted I finished Honeysuckle Season, which was good. I have also read The Silent Wife and Tarot Plain and Simple.

I'm currently reading about 4 books: Find the Good by Heather Lende (for book club), Old Lovegood Girls by Gail Goodwin (just started yesterday from the library), The Teachers Pocket Guide to Effective Classroom Management by Tim Knoster (checked out from Overdrive), and The Light Through the Leaves by Glendy Vanderah (a First Read from March on Amazon). I can say that I don't want to put any of these down, so i'm having a hard time juggling them all, but they are all vastly different so i'm not getting mixed up at all.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up 6 or 7 books yesterday.
Started on Danielle Steel's "The Affair" last night.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up more books from the library. Started Neighbours by Danielle Steel.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reading "A walk to remember" by Nicholas Sparks. A beautiful movie.

Reactions: homemade4me

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
A biography of Peter the Great - naturally after the one of Catherine the Great although Peter preceded her and she was not really in the royal Romanov line of succession.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I think i'm giving up on Boundaries, just not for me. I will keep plugging on in Old Lovegood Girls. I liked the beginning and now i'm not so sure as I get farther in. I find myself having a hard time going back to it.

Our family book club book is St. George and the Dragon and the Quest for the Holy Grail by Edward Hays. I'm not sure how to describe the genre of this book, but it's full of wisdom and is not at all what it seems to be. It's labeled as parable, fantasy fiction, christian fiction when I look it up online.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Started "All that Glitters" by Danielle Steel.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Eli wanted to read The Face on the Milk Carton so I downloaded it onto my Kindle for him, but then he said it was too scary to read at bedtime so he stopped reading it. I think I will read it since it's already available. I returned Old Lovegood Girls and will return Boundaries as well.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just started Royal by Danielle Steel, not sure yet.
Got 5 or 6 books from the library about food wastage and meal planning.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I am reading Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane.

Annie