What Are You Reading Right Now?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have just started reading "Merry and Bright" by Debbie Macomber.
Am really enjoying it but I have always enjoyed her books.

Reactions: Miss JoDee

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm reading You Before Me.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
There is a movie on Hulu has the same title of your book. DJ. It says it is based on an international best selling novel by JoJo Moyes. I watched the movie and it was really good. I should read the book. now. Always more in the book than the movie.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished "Merry and Bright". It was a bit convoluted but got there in the end.
Will start a new Danielle Steel tonight, cannot remember the title.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've been reading some very good books at the end of the year:

Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
A Column of Fire (Kingsbridge) by Ken Follett

I'm currently reading Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I had several library ebooks become available all within a couple days of each other. :rolleyes: I started on the one that was going to be due back first and have them all loaded onto my Nook. I'll be trying to get through them all over the next week or so.

First up is Knit to be Tied by Maggie Sefton. I also have Potions and Pastries by Bailey Cates, The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, and A Just Clause by Lorna Barrett. I also had The Nightingale become available a day or two ago.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I had several library ebooks become available all within a couple days of each other. :rolleyes: I started on the one that was going to be due back first and have them all loaded onto my Nook. I'll be trying to get through them all over the next week or so.

First up is Knit to be Tied by Maggie Sefton. I also have Potions and Pastries by Bailey Cates, The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, and A Just Clause by Lorna Barrett. I also had The Nightingale become available a day or two ago.
As long as you start reading the book before the loan expires, don't go out of the book on your Nook (open another book, etc.), and don't let the battery run down, I'm pretty sure you can keep reading it past the due date. I used to do that all the time when I read with a Nook. Now I have a Kindle and seem to be able to read anything I've borrowed for as long as I want if I keep Airplane mode on so it won't connect to the internet. I think the library can still lend the book to other patrons when the loan period for my copy has ended. Have fun reading!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
As long as you start reading the book before the loan expires, don't go out of the book on your Nook (open another book, etc.), and don't let the battery run down, I'm pretty sure you can keep reading it past the due date. I used to do that all the time when I read with a Nook. Now I have a Kindle and seem to be able to read anything I've borrowed for as long as I want if I keep Airplane mode on so it won't connect to the internet. I think the library can still lend the book to other patrons when the loan period for my copy has ended. Have fun reading!

I'll try that! Thanks for the tip!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Dhalia Doll - yes, that works very well on the Kindle - you can hold onto the book as long as you need to!

Currently reading Nomadland on my Kindle and I have a hard copy of the latest Kathleen Gear book about the Cahokia Indians - Moon Hunt.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I just finished Say Goodbye for Now by Catherine Ryan Hyde. I started Pretty Girls Dancing by Kylie Brant last night.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Pain blanc, pain noir Tome 1 de Micheline Bail

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
So, I couldn't find "airplane" mode on my Nook Glowlight, so I just turned the Wifi off on it. I hope that works because there's no way i'm going to finish all these books before their due date. Haha

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I finished the 3 book series by Beverly Lewis The Shunning, The Confession, and the Reckoning. It was my 3rd time reading them by has been years since I read them last.
My next set will be Anne of Green Gables. Many years since I have read them. DD28 said they belong to her I don't remember so I will read them and give the to her when I am done. I never read this series when I was in grade school. I only remember reading Lassie and the Bobbsey Twins. Any one remember them?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD it's a book that happens in the olden days (early 1900's) in Quebec City. A woman with 9 children 's husband dies and she has to place her children in an orphanage to come and get them when she will be able to take care of them later, they are very poor. I like it until now.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
So, I couldn't find "airplane" mode on my Nook Glowlight, so I just turned the Wifi off on it. I hope that works because there's no way i'm going to finish all these books before their due date. Haha
Yes, that will work, but I think you have to actually start reading the book before the expiration date and don't let the battery wear down or open a different book after it expires or you probably won't be able to get back into it.

So if you finish one book that has expired, you probably won't be able to open another book that has expired. I hope I'm making that clear. You can do some experimenting with it as long as you don't care if you lose the book.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DD it's a book that happens in the olden days (early 1900's) in Quebec City. A woman with 9 children 's husband dies and she has to place her children in an orphanage to come and get them when she will be able to take care of them later, they are very poor. I like it until now.
Is it in French? Do you speak French?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD yes it is in French. I'm from Quebec and my mother tongue is French (not the France accent though ;) ), but I went to english school. Nowadays laws have changed and French kids can't go to public english schools (unless your parents went ... so my kids did go to English school). they want to 'preserve' our language... but at the same time everything is English! I'm glad my kids & I have our English.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucy ~ That's interesting! How great to be bilingual!

Not to hijack the thread ... I'm currently reading The Hideaway. I'm not sure I like the writing. We'll see if I like the story. I've only read a few pages so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.