What Are You Reading Right Now?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Status
Not open for further replies.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I just finished The Host by Stephanie Meyer. She wrote the twilight series and that is her first book for adults. It was really good.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I just found and read all 3 books in the Wave Walkers series by Kai Meyer. It's in the young adult section and a science fiction type book about pirates. Just got the notice that U is for Undertow by Sue Grafton is in for me at the Library.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Colleen in Pa - Ahorsesoul that dark lover book looks good too.
Do read the series. It is better than Twilight. I think Showtime should make them into a series for TV.

I´ll never get enough of Christmas :)
Still reading the Christmas Cookie Club from Ann Pearlman
I finished this book a week before Christmas. I wanted to try some of the recipes but was too busy.

Now I'm reading Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde...I loved his Thursday Next series (alternate literary universe, a bit "out there") We'll see if this lives up to that.
I am also reading Homer & Langley by E.L. Doctorow...about two infamous hermit brothers on Fifth Ave...another odd one, but interesting so far (100 pages in)
I'm going to see if my library has either of these.
Update: Have one of the Thursday Next series and H&L on order at my library!

Right now I am reading The Queen Mother, The Official Biography
Now sure I would enjoy this. I'm still upset that Lady Di didn't get to be Queen!!!!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Finished with the Queen Mother and now taking on Pride, Predjudice and Zombies - another Christmas present.

LadyEvenstar - P&P is one of my all time faves...please let me know how you like this one...I may have to put it on my list! The Kindle was a complete surprise...DH and my mom conspired together! Keep in mind what you will save on books...new hardcovers go for $9.99-$12.99. Many older novels can be found for as little as $0.99! Several are FREE!

Ahorsesoul - Try to start with The Eyre Affair: A Thursday Next Novel, Jasper Fforde (it's the first in the series and sets up the "alternate" universe, circa 1985 UK). There are lots of inside literary jokes - imagine a world in which someone can steal a character out of a book or rewrite a novel's ending and change history...I thought it was hilarious and have enjoyed the entire series. Fforde's Mystery Crimes series was not as entertaining IMO.

Happy Reading!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Kindle is great - I can't tell you how many big fat books I'm carrying around in very little space.

Also finished 1632 and on to `1633.

angel-love

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
Foxpaw, how are you liking 92 Pacific Boulevard? I really like the entire Cedar Cove series and I'm anxiously waiting for book 10!! Have you seen the cookbook that goes along with the series? That's on my wish list!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Right now i'm reading The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz.

For those that have read The Christmas Cookie Club, is it good? I've been wanting to read it but of course our library doesn't have it so I would have to buy it. Just wondering if it's worth it.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I just finished "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" (Wroblewski) and thought the ending was rather flat and disappointing. Now I'm reading "The Bourne Identity" (Ludlum); I loved the movie and the book is pretty good so far. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just finished reading The Christmas Candle by Max Lucado. Short & sweet. I liked it.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
angel-love...I really liked "92 Pacific Boulevard". It is based around the Sheriff of Cedar Cove. I love this series...it is seems so real. I went to Debbie Macomber's website and was even able to download a copy of the map of the fictitious Cedar Cove, that is kind of fun.

I have seen the cookbook and it looks very good. WE are on a rather strick diet so I am not tempting myself with receipes that I cannot or rather should not use...LOL

sorry this has taken me so long to answer...I have been MIA for a while here...hope you enjoy the book...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Home - I'm rereading 'Juffie Kane' a novel about an actress with a mobster background.
Office - I just finished a book on voluntary simplicity.. it was not very informative.
Now reading 'les fonctionnaires' (gvt employees).

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
Not too long ago, I saw the most beautiful Owl in our Old FL Oak tree in our front yard. Then, I stumbled across the book "Wesley the Owl". The Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and his Girl. By Stacey O'Brien. It's a true story and so interesting. I now have this infatuation with Owl's.

Reccommended Read!

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I have just started reading 16 Lighthouse Road. I also just adore Debbie Macomber. The Library just called and The Christmas Cookie Club that I had on hold is in, so will need to get it this week-end.

Reactions: PamelaG
Status
Not open for further replies.