What Are You Reading Right Now?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
luludou, I am so glad you got the set. A new book comes out in a few weeks. JR is writing one Brother book a year now. She never knew there would be so many fans of the Brothers.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Up to now I like it. When you want to keep on reading it's because it's good. Thanks for the tip on these books.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
pixiestick...can you believe I haven't gotten that book yet..."29 Days... " still on the list and waiting...let me know what you think of it.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Just finished "Land of Mango Sunsets" by Dorothea Benton Frank...great book about the low country in SC...makes me want to jump on a plane and get to that island to see those sunsets!!!

Starting "Full of Grace" by the same author..

pixistick...I just checked at the library and I am #6 on the list for "29 days..." I can't wait!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Took my library books back this morning. Not reading them. I decided to re-re-read Lover Awakened. I do so love the Brothers. I'm not a vampire fan but I do like these books.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I'm reading "Keepsake Crimes", it's a scrapbook mystery by Laura Childs. Sounds fun and since scrapbooking is my cup of tea, I thought I'd give it a shot. I figured I'd start with the first of the series, in case I want to read the rest.

MinnieCo I just finished "Keepsake Crimes". It was pretty good...I am going to read the rest of the series, and have them all listed to order...

I am reading the "Low Country Tales" by Dorothea Benton Frank...I have read 4 of them...with 7 to go.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just finished 16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie Macomber. 1st time I read one of her books. It was enjoyable but too fast a read! I would have liked to have a 2nd book or a bigger one. I love bricks!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm reading Tragic Magic by Laura Childs .....this is a new author for me. So far it's a pretty good read. It is a murder mystery. There are also scrapbooking tips and recipes included.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am reading Amish Christmas by Beth Wiseman and 2 other authors. It contains 3 Christmas stories set in Lancaster County. I have read the first two stories and enjoyed them very much.
I have a few Debbie Macomber books on order so I am looking forward to getting those.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I am reading Just Breathe by Susan Wiggs. So far it seems like a good book.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I'm reading Tragic Magic by Laura Childs .....this is a new author for me. So far it's a pretty good read. It is a murder mystery. There are also scrapbooking tips and recipes included.

Ginger...I am also reading the "Scrapbooking Mysteries" by Laura Childs...I started with the first....Keepsake Crimes...they are good, light reading and I love the tips on srapbooking and recipes. what fun!!! I just finished #4 Motif for Murder...they tend to go in order of what is happening although you won't have any trouble following from any point.

I FINALLY got "29 Gifts...How a month of giving can change your life" from the library after waiting several months...gotta give that one a go too!!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I just finished Shopaholic and baby w/ books on tape and am about to put Pirate Latitude on it next. gotta love getting books on tape from the library.
I just finshed Blossom St by Debbi McComber (sp) and am now reading the CiJ book Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm reading "The Land of Mango Sunsets" by Dorothea Benton Frank because I secrectly wish I lived in the low country...except for the heat...and humidity. Okay, I'll just continue to enjoy her books instead of moving down there.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I just finished something called "THe moral compass of the American Lawyer". It was suprisingly good and written as well as a novel.. Discussed things like the right of the guilty to zealous representation and class action suits.

I just started "Shanghai Girls" by Lisa See, about two Chinese sisters in China and the US from 1937 to 1957. I've read a few of her other books and this one is just as good.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Got my copy of Grapes of Wrath- I'm going to start it tonight!

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I've only read about 9 pages of Grapes of Wrath.

Need to get cranking so I'll be ready to start our Christmas in July Book!

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm about halfway through From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris. I have Dead and Gone waiting in the wings once I finish this one and then a book by Alice Hoffman, but I don't remember the title.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I'm halfway through The Girl Who Kicked a Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson...by far the best in the trilogy.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
"Shanghai Girls" was good. I zipped through it in no time.

I started reading "Warlock" by Wilbur Smith. Then I realized I had already read it. I don't know if I'll reread it or search around for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.