What Crafts do You Do?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
What crafts (not current specific projects) do you do? I mean in general, like knitting, quilting, soapmaking, etc. :?:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I love to do crafts, but have limited time so I have (temporarily) given a few up. The main one I do continue is scrapbooking - LOVE IT! When I can squeeze it in, I also like to cross stitch. Been wanting to start quilting, but haven't had the chance - maybe this year!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Scrapbooking (includes bookmaking, painting, stamping, altering, you name I love it)
knitting
crochet
ceramics
spinning
sewing
embroidering
tatting
rug hooking
macramé
flower arranging
leatherwork
soapmaking
baket weaving
candle making
quilting

I've done a little of most everything during my lifetime. But now I'd rather scrapbook than anything else.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Really a little of everything. I love to try new things and once I do 9 out of 10 times I like it and continue with it.

This year both my girls and I are going to try our hands at candle and soap making.

My favorite craft is quilts. I think because it was the first thing that I ever did.

doodlebugs

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NC
I love to do crafts! I have to keep my hands busy so in my "free" time I like to do:
sewing
ceramics
cross stitch
jewelry making
polymer clay crafts
scrapbooking
drawing

skynyrdfan

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern Illinois
I knit, crochet, do counted cross-stich and needlepoint. I've also done some sewing, minimal quilting, and used to be big into beadwork. Oh and painting the plaster ornaments/figurines.

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
ummmm... all of the above

I love to learn new things and so.. yeah... but who has the time?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I don't do anything on a regular basis really, just not enough time. However, I love to sew and have quilted a little. I also cross stitch. I was teaching myself to knit but i'm not good as following a picture, I need to be shown. LOL

This year I have lots of things I plan on doing. With my DH being gone i'll need to keep myself busy.

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
Counted cross stitch
Crochet
Scrapbooking--although not too much
Plastic canvas needlepoint
Sewing--mostly home decor items, although I'm trying my hand at PJs!

I used to do latch hook rugs, but haven't done one in years. I don't have much time to do crafts, so I stick with the faves or the ones that travel well!

rose

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
knit
crochet
cross stitch
sew-crafty items mainly as now my children are grown but will be starting on clothing items for grandchildren soon
card making
quilting
embroidery
have done a little beading for some Christmas ornaments but not sure if I will really get into it soap making

and trying my luck next Thursday (10th) at some candle making.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I love to make Christmas Ornaments but also like to

I like to sew on sweatshirts (where you cut the shirt away to reveal the material below in a design, or squares, etc.)
counted cross stitch
crochet
soapmaking
basket weaving would be fun to learn
sew some-but room for improvement
have did some blue jean and baby quilts with just tacking but would love to learn to quilt
like to learn rug hooking
also think stamping your own cards would be cool

just need the time to do it and to learn. There are classes around here at times but usually in the afternoons when I am working.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well you guys are what I call SUPER CRAFTERS....I pale by comparision.

I like to

• scrapbook
    do altered art:journals, frames, boxes etc
    make cards
    counted cross stitch (but not much lately)
    Any gift item type of project: door hangers, initials, etc

doodlebugs

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NC
jackfrosty said:
oooooh doodlebugs-I could get into the polymer clay crafts! It seems like it's quite expensive around here though.

It can get pricey but I buy my clay when it goes 1/2 price at AC Moore's. Also I like to get some of my stuff like clay tools and books on ebay! It's fun and relaxing squeezing the clay in your hands.... sort of a stress relief! I'll post some pics on my myspace page later today!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Not much, any more, but I'd like to get back into it. I've tried to scrapbook, but I just can't get into it...

I love to cross stitch, but my eyesight makes it hard to do it at night, the only time I have to work on it!
I'm beading a pillow for my couch-found some napkins, of all things, that match my curtains in the living room, and I'm beading the flowers for a pillow. I need to finish it...been working on it since March of last year!
I am going to try my hand at making banners from shipping tags, scrapbook paper, stickers or stamps and ribbon and glitter. I love the way they look hanging on a mantle, and I want to make one in my word for 08-"heart". I'll post a picture on my blog when and if I get it done!!

That's about it...

mom23angels

MHH Member
Jan 2, 2008
Where do I start?
Spinning (making yarn)
knitting
crochet
tatting
embroidery
cross stitch
beading
decorative painting
ceramics
sewing
quilting
scrapbooking

would love to try my hand at soap and candle making this year....

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow -- you are all so inspiring!! I am a crafting lightweight in comparison! Here are some crafts I've done:
Sewing
Hand sewing/needlework
tole painting
cross stitching
weaving, but just a little.

I'd have a longer list if I listed all the crafts I'd LIKE to try:
quilting
knitting
crocheting
learn to use my serger (passed to me by my Mom, who never used it either!)
card making and scrapbooking! ( I find this so intimidating because there's so much that can be done with it. I can't get my mind around it all!)
beadwork
ceramics