What did you receive for Christmas? 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I like to do this thread every year because I think it gives ideas for next year. I usually always see something that gives me ideas for someone in my family and I file it away for my gift buying for the year ahead. So....what did you get for Christmas this year?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'll start!

I got a double book from DS, the Shea Ernshaw Bindup.
A book from DD called The Bookshop of Secrets by Mollie Rushmeyer and a pack of erasable pens.
Eli got me fuzzy slippers.
DH got me a bunch of small things: a Bose speaker, notepads and memo sheets with "A Note from Mrs. Supanich" on them, a stamp set for my classroom, a customized Lands End bag, a cup holder for my motorcycle, two shirts: one says "Hocus Focus" and the other is a long sleeved plain shirt, set of mini gemstones, shower melts, a spa set thing (face mask, foot mask, etc), little label maker, and a sign for my classroom. I also got candy in my stocking and some eyeglass necklace holder things.

Reactions: jampss and Minta

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Husband got me some dies and rivets for my rivet press. A crimper to flatten thick seams, a holder for thread cones and a couple pairs of Kai scissors. 2 Jim shore pieces, a bunch of annalee dolls (some I asked for some I didn’t) and a couple of coffee mugs.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got a series of books from DD with a hand written note.
A photo from DS and he was home so a bonus present.
DH got me an outdoor dining setting for the farm and a full stocking full of bath stuff and bits and pieces. I also got Top Gun Maverick and long handled dust pan and brush set.

All in all I was very spoiled and got everything I needed.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I received a set of three woven baskets and lotion from my chef-friend and his wife. From DD and DSIL, I got an international travel charger/adapter for my spring trip abroad, a new meat thermometer (I still have a glass one with the red liquid -- on baking day, DD wanted to immediately break it when she saw I still had it), and a digital meat thermometer for using with the grill or roasts in the oven. I also got a set of two smaller pyrex dishes, perfect size for cooking for one. The best gifts was a glass angel for my collection. DD ordered it on Etsy last year, not realizing it was coming from Lithuania. When she realized that it wouldn't arrive in time for Christmas, she got a different one for me, and saved this one for Christmas 2022. And she added a "crochet" ornament for my tree.

Both DD and DSIL got most of what was on their suggestions list. But, if anyone is looking to gift experiences, the one I gave them was really well received. In their town, there is a store that sells more upscale kitchen items, cookware, knives, etc., and they also offer cooking classes for both kids and adults -- everything from basic skills and cookie-making for the kids, to grilling and sushi and everything inbetween for the adults, and also some wine pairing. There really is something sexy about working together in the kitchen, and it also offers an opportunity to bond. They received a gift certificate, along with the calendar of classes for January and the web link for classes in future months. First class they noticed on the calendar is a pierogi making experience (he's part Polish and knows all about pierogis). And, if they decide on one of the less expensive classes, they can shop for something for their kitchen.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
These are the items I received from Dh

Books:
  • Christmas in Pennsylvania by Alfred Shoemaker
  • Christmas Past: The Fascinating Stories Behind Our Favorite Holiday's Traditions by Brian Earl
  • The Sawtooth Slayer (Venator Cold Case Series) by Nathan Dylan Goodwin

Kitchen:
  • Turkey Baster
  • Pasta Server
  • Flat Whisk
  • Ramekins
  • Mason Cash Mixing Bowl (I cried over this one. It's been a long time dream but very impractical in cost and use until now. Pyrex bowls that crack are easily replaceable and not too expensive. With raising 5 children who cook in the kitchen I didn't want it to chipped within days of owning it. Now that the youngest is a sophomore in high school, chances are not likely for chipping to happen right away. )
Outdoors
  • LL Bean Light Weight Hiking pants (Dds bought these to help my aversion of traipsing through meadows and high grass after having Lyme Disease.)
Home
  • Candle (Another gift from Dds)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, that mixing bowl is beautiful. My Mum has something similar and it is much cherished in our family.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Great ideas being shared!

I was treated well. J got me a pair of earrings with dangling stars because one morning I said I didn’t have any star earrings, a box of chocolates from my favorite shop with my favorite flavors, a beater with a spatula for the kitchen aid, a pair of lounge pants, a sweatshirt, body spray, the annual Santa ornament, calendars for home and school and he made me a stove top cover. I ordered the vinyl today for it and it will be complete when that arrives.

M got me a baking holiday memories with mom ornament from Hallmark.

H got me a candle, slippers, a gnome ornament, a sweater and a gc for Maurice’s

Lauren got me earrings, lotion, a live tree houseplant, a little polish pottery ring holder and a small decorative pine tree.

My parents got me a willow tree nativity set.

My brother got us a gc for Applebees.

MIL got me a terribly ugly blouse. Nothing I’ll ever wear. So, I’ll probably take it back. The dils all got the same blouse. Lol

very blessed.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Oh, that would make for a wonderful photo!!!

I agree! Snap a photo with all of you in the ugly shirt before returning them. It will be a nice memory someday to laugh about.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have a book series that was incomplete and DH had my name for our stocking exchange and got 3 of the books. For my birthday (today) I got the last 2 books. I shall begin to read them beginning NY day. What fun!!

My oldest granddaughter crocheted me a next scarf and the other 2 painted pictures of cardinals on a branch. So beautiful.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I broke one of my new Lenox Holiday Bread Trays when I washed it after using it for the Dessert Afternoon Tea event so Vic bought me a new one - such a surprise! There was also my favorite perfume, chocolate, and an aromatherapy neck and shoulders wrap that goes in the microwave or freezer. Sophia bought me the Downton Abbey Cookbook for my Downton book collection. In my stocking was a new round brush, a spatula, and a set of small tongs from our Target shop. From our Barnes shop, I got a new book, The Sisters of Sea View by Julie Klassen (#1 in the On Devonshire Shores series).

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
DS and family gave me Carhart gardening gloves, 2 raised bed gardening tools, and a gardening knife.

Dd30 and DSIL gave my a rechargeable scrubber for cleaning and a copper bracelet.

DD25 gave me some flat felt tipped swabs for cleaning crevices in small places (car dash, etc.) and a new clock for the bathroom that has a sound and motion sensor nightlight.

DH gave me a plain gold wedding band to wear when I don't want to wear my bands that have diamonds, two pair of flannel sleeping pants and shirts, a rechargeable screwdriver, some gift cards, and lotion.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Sounds like some nice and thoughtful gifts.
Parents gave us a new screen door, much needed. Mom got me a necklace with my name in Ogham, it's a old written language from their trip to Ireland.

DH got me new speakers/sub woofer and back up camera for the jeep. And a few small things the huggle it's like a huge sweatshirt, so comfy and a small framed photo that said wild spirit soft heart. (This ment a lot because I often feel like the odd one out with what I like and made me feel loved)
Ds 1 gave me and dh a Disney gift cars
Ds2 a Disney uno set (he loves a good uno game so we have a lot of different uno games)
Ds3 found me a oversized, long cardigan sweater. I love jackets and he did a great job picking it out on his own.
BIL has a new thing where he can print on mugs and such so he made fun personalizesld mugs (says Stroud camping and a Disney emblem on one side and a sports on the other. Very thoughtful but we don't use mugs (don't drink coffee) but we will put them in the camper and use them occasionally.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I got myself a new wallet (lightweight!), the other one was too heavy. A Christmas mouse ornament. Dr.Axe Ancient nutrition book. Won a gift on a lottery ticket... have to decide if I want a handheld mixer, a coffee machine or a 75$ gift card to Sports Experts. 3 chocolate-pimento chocolate bars (yumm!)

DH got me a gift card to a restaurant we go to.
Dad bought me a sweater when we went to the store to get mom a sweater and pants for NY's Eve... otherwise she wouldn't change... hard with alzheimer's to get her to do things.

One sil bought me spiced orange handsoap and a poncho... it was full of fluffs so she bought me a 2nd one afterwards!

Reactions: MrsSoup and jampss

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
DH got me colored pencils and crayons, a mug, a dog calendar, a small puzzle, a book about the Mets, ornaments from places we had been to over the past year, and, for some odd reason Pepto Bismol.

Gifting is not is forte!

DS and DDIL got us stands for our ipads.