What Happens Next?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am enjoying my Jumpstart cleaning schedule. I was wondering ... We started in Jan. and we go to April ... what happens next? :)

I am making out my NEW household management notebook and I read Ginger's Maintenance Magic chore list and got inspired to make one out myself.

I'm thinking ... I'd just start over with the house, a room a week, and that way every room gets cleaned good twice a year? Am I thinking correct? All ideas are welcome!

:flower:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I know I have wall and ceiling washing to do! It's been our first year for a woodstove and I'm waiting until we don't need to use that anymore to give everything a good wipedown! I can just imagine!(shudders) After that I'll be itching to get outside!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes you can make it a year round plan and its quite effective that way.

This year I am changing things up a bit...during the rest of April and May I am focusing on my Room of the Month for those two months and also doing chores off of my Spring Cleaning list which includes some of the items from Magic Maintenance.

Then for June and two weeks in July...I am trying the Summer Space and Places Plan...most of the outdoor stuff will be during June with the hot July weeks inside stuff...still making my lists and organizing ideas for it.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The flexibility here is so great!!!! Everybody's home has different maintenance/cleaning needs -- because our lives are so variable!
It is great that these plans are so flexible -- because we all have different things going on in our lives.

For example:
Getting ready for a new baby
Getting ready for a move
Doing a construction project
Or remodeling
Starting a new job
Or taking classes
Illness in the family
And on and on

But the flexibility keeps us moving ahead -- no matter how big or how tiny our work can be.

For me, the room a month is best right now -- and it is taking at least two months. Maybe three. But I am really looking forward to the Summer June and July challenge too. That is the "carrot" for me -- because I love to be outside. :flower:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thanks so much for all the great points of view and advice and scheduling ideas!

crazyhop

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I must admit I have really enjoyed the Jumpstart January and am dissapointed it's coming to an end, so I've come up with a plan to take me through the rest of the year.

I started off by making a calender with all the weeks of the year on it, I've worked backwards by putting in the Christmas Countdown and the Halloween Countdown. When Jumpstart January finishes I will start again doing 1 room per week but I've also included the Front Garden, Back Garden, garden shed and garage as rooms so that absolutely everywhere gets a really good clean/tidy and this takes me up to the start of Christmas Countdown.

Feeling quite pleased with myself for coming up with a plan, whether I'll stick to it is another matter but I do have good intentions.

My plan will be subject to change in case anyone here at MHH comes up with a better plan, or I may even run them together, have already thought I may do Room of the month as well.

:globe:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Snowbelle, sounds like a good plan. I really didn't join in on this. (should of) I did do the craft room in and out and all around. We are now in the garage! BELIEVE ME AFTER THOSE TWO, I AM SURE I WOULD RATHER OF DID THE OTHER ROOMS IN HOUSE. I know I have several dishes that are in the garage so will have to do kitchen to bring them back in. I have several cabinets but they ALL need cleaned.
I am envious of you that followed some type of plan!!!!!