What Is Different About 2010 For You?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So much going on for all of us!!! It makes the mind reel!

Of course, our big difference this year is Baby Connor. He'll be almost 11 months old for Christmas 2010!

I have a sneaking suspicion he will already be crawling and into everything too - at just over 3 weeks he is already holding his head up and trying to roll over - it is crazy! I didn't know that was "early" until some friends commented on it. He is strong little thing!

Anyways - I'll have to plan my Christmas decor this year around his level of activity accordingly! lol

Actually, everything is uncharted territory this year. Fitting my old patterns of life into a world that holds this little baby will be interesting - and some things will change or go away or adjust - but I will still be checking in here at MHH - that you can bet on!!!

beachblonde

Retire Member
Dec 14, 2009
There are many new things happening for me this year....

-divorce should be finalized

-moved back in with my parents last summer, hope to move out this summer

-started teaching again after a 7 year break...I can't believe I ever stopped-I love my job!

-I am learning how to rely on myself more...I am learning how to accept someone's help (this was extremely hard for me last year)...I am learning how to believe that I am a capable, competent woman who has much to offer the world

-I am having fun!!!! Who knew?

Last year was one of the hardest of my life. My 24 year marriage ended, I lost my house, moved back in with my parents. I worked a full/part time job and two other part time jobs to try to make ends meet-they didn't. So that my children could eat, I only ate dinner. I probably wouldn't have eaten dinner if there was a way I could have hid it from my children. They wouldn't have eaten if they knew that I wasn't eating.
I learned how to stand in line for food at a food pantry and at various drop
offs. (Before this, I was a stay at home mom in a 3 story house)
I learned that sometimes your best still isn't enough.
I learned that the government system as it is now, really doesn't help people
get on their feet. There were jobs with benefits that I had to turn down because I couldn't afford daycare. I did not qualify for daycare help because I did not have a consistent full time job.
I also learned that losing material things really isn't the end of the world.
I learned that my children suffered as much as I did .
I learned how to work through anger and betrayal and become stronger.
I learned that I can be the bigger person-again, and again, and again.
I learned that my girls have also come out of this stronger.
I learned that my heroes are my girls. They have taught me more in the last
year then I learned in my lifetime.
I learned that the love of a family can really get you through anything.
I learned that I am a survivor!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Wow Bleachblonde. Way to go. I've said it to a few of my friends, who are afraid to move on, but really the time I had inbetween my marriages might of been the best thing ever for me. I learned so much about myself. I think we often amaze ourselves! Keep your head up and 2010 is looking up!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Things on the horizon for me this year. My mother will have surgery on June 7th. This is freaking me out as June 7th is the day my Dear dad died in 1999.
DD 17 will complete her high school life in December. Not sure what the future holds for her.
Mum and I will travel to US and Canada in Sept/Oct. Trip of a lifetime for both of us.
Christmas will bring my brother and his family together here for the first time in about 9 years. Looking forward to sharing Christmas with them.

Personally I would like to have a great year with my 2 kids DS will be 22 in July and I feel like time is just whizzing by. DD is my baby and my time with her seems soooo precious at the moment. It feels like time is slipping through my fingers and I just want to close my hand and grab on tight.
Will continue to love my DH of 24 years, The heavens knew what they were doing when they bought him into my life.

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
2010 for me started off tentatively as I had an interview mid-February for Uni starting in Aug, felt I couldn't plan or even think of the future till I knew what was happening. I am over the moon to say that I have been accepted onto the postgrad course for teacher training. I know there are a few of you teachers here so will be great to hear about your experiences. I will be training to teach primary (ages 4-11 year olds in Scotland).

Not only that but my partner and I are looking to find a place together this year. I'm not sure if you'd recall but he has an 8 year old daughter, so I have to confess to being terrified about it as well as excited.

I hope so much that my brother who is on dialysis has a turn of fortune and receives a kidney. We are both in a pool of donors where I could donate to someone else in the country if their donor matches my bro's statistics.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading through everyone's changes for the year. It reminds me how short life is.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Beachblonde-
I am just now reading your post and found it very inspiring!

You go girl!!!!!!!

I hope you continue to post here regularly and get support from this wonderful, magical place of MHH!

Annie

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
2010 is turning into a very different year for me.

My elderly grandad (turned 91 2 days before he went into hospital, 7.5 weeks ago) has been in hospital and, from being a strong and highly mentally agile man, has been transformed - he's now very confused and is mostly bed-bound. His wife, who was always the one he minded and cosseted, has become the strong one in their partnership, even though physically frail herself. And one of their daughters has just gone through a mastectomy and will need further treatment as there was C found.

At the same time, DH is struggling with work (how long will the company survive). So we are looking at moving abroad - which was put on hold for a while as it looked like a different job was opening up, but he came 2nd in the final list so I will be doing tax returns this weekend to enable a relocation. Elderly relatives (on both sides) mean that we will be looking at a few locations but ruling out others that we'd otherwise love as too distant. And there are also options being considered where DH works away for a while and DD and I stay here - not ideal but we can work it if necessary.

But we are also hoping for good weather this summer, and some time out as a family because of that. Even just fine days at home, BBQing, enjoying neighbours company and having some friends visit would be great.