What to do with old cards? My idea & looking for more.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
HI,

I have been on a purging/organizing rampage since the beginning of the year. Goodwill is thanking me, the public landfill is not so happy.

In my cleaning I came across a box of beautiful cards. I have kept EVERY card ever given me. Well, I am still keeping all the cards from DH, the kids, now deceased family (my Granny) and any that were extra special. I have in the past used old cards to make small decorative boxes (think origami). I also came across some frames I'm not using & decided to frame some cards. I know this isn't a new, novel idea. I have framed many cards & calendar pics before. What I did differently was frame a few Christmas cards to put out just for the holidays :package: . I think they look very sweet. I now have three very different, but very special cards of baby Jesus to decorate my home.

Now if anyone can come up with an idea for about 50 Valentine cards just let me know :jumpinghearts: ! I have a bunch from my elementary school years & they are so cute :love: ! My 10 year old loves them. I could put them in a photo album (I don't scrap....yet!) or maybe use them in a decoupage project. Any other ideas?

Bren "heartstrings:

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
You could cut them up to make gift tags or new Valentine's cards. They would work well for labels for things like jars of homemade jam, drink mixes or other homemade gifts. ::candyheart:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I've been wishing that I'd have saved some of my childhood Valentine cards. They were so fun! Collectors will buy them if you want to sell them.
Maybe you could do what some others have done with Christmas cards from their first Christmas. Buy a poster frame and mount them under the frame to display seasonally. Decopaging some of them on a box would be neat -- sort of a love letter box to store your recieved cards in.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Decopaging some of them on a box would be neat -- sort of a love letter box to store your recieved cards in.
or keep your christmas cards to send out, a special pen and holiday letter paper in it-Anything you want to use when making out your own cards!
I love that idea, Holiday Joy!
I'm just making gift tags out of mine-boring!

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Thanks for all the great ideas! I especially like the banner :jumpinghearts: . I think my DH would just be happy to have me pick them up in the bedroom. I have them all in a pile on the treadmill....and he actually uses the treadmill :rotflol: .

Bren :heartbeat:

Gadler

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2008
The Christmas Card boxes are lovely

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I use them on decoupage projects...that way I have them forever to reminisce about the occasion on which I received them :pink: ...

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Christmascreations, I love the idea of photocopying them to make notepaper!

Truth to tell, I'd photocopy them and use only the photocopies for crafting instead of the originals. It doesn't solve the problem on what to do with the originals -- you'd still have them -- but old Valentine cards are just so cool! Really wish I had some of the ones my Mom or Dad got when they were little, don't you?