What to do with your Thanksgiving Leftovers

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Turkey = Turkey, Bacon, Cheese paninis with leftovers the night after Thanksgiving dinner

Tukey Bacon Mushroom Puff Pastry Pockets + Cheesy Potato "Pancakes" from leftover mashed potatoes

Salads for our lunches have turkey meat added instead of chicken

Remained of leftover turkey meat frozen for future meals

:)

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Dd took th small bit left to school on Friday, heated in her food flask, for lunch. Ate it all too!

But we did only get a stuffed breast for the 3 of us (which should have served 4-6, but there was less than 1 sandwich filling leftover!). I'm just glad we didn't have guests!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We don't do Thanksgiving here, but the Christmas leftovers are pretty easy to use up. We share a lot between our two families and we will pack some to take up to my father in law.
Over the years we have cut pack quite a bit on what we prepare so that there are not a lot of leftovers.

RikerVano....welcome

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We eat several leftover turkey sandwiches over the days after Thanksgiving (yum! so good!).
We boil the carcass and make turkey gumbo.
Then, if there's any left, I make cheesy turkey spaghetti, instead of cheesy chicken spaghetti.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Here’s a sandwich to use up your leftover turkey. I will be trying this since I have never had one. Will have to adjust a bit with the bread. Might try using a gf stuffing to try to make a type of bread. Mix my stuffing, add an extra egg and pat it into a loaf pan and bake. If it slices I could put the sandwich into a panini maker. Or I could us gf french bread with butter and spices.

Will try it with tater tots this weekend. LC2 was just telling me about this sandwich since she use to live in Pittsburgh, Pa.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I love to make turkey a'la king with leftovers, substituting left-over green beans for the peas I traditionally add. Serve it over re-warmed mashed potatoes instead of toast points or biscuits. Add a side of leftover cranberry sauce, and it's perfect. I use the a'la king recipe from the 1970's era red Betty Crocker cookbook (but I usually add about a cup of frozen peas; for Thanksgiving leftovers, I'll add leftover green beans, instead).

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Soup! With lots of veggies.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Years ago I had a sandwich that consisted of a bagel, cream cheese, cranberry sauce, turkey, and spouts. I last an impression and still to this day I try and make myself one around thanksgiving. If I don't have a bagel, I still do just an old fashion turkey sandwich with the fixens...Cranberry sauce and Stuffing. We don't have much to bring home these days since I go to the families house, but I make sure I have enough for a sandwich.